Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Nelson wants out

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Explains Suttons' new extension on contract from 2 to 5 years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Explains Suttons' new extension on contract from 2 to 5 years.
    Not really. The last 3 years are dummy years and will void. This was to scrape together a few extra bucks for Ju Ju
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Josh Kaindoh-Edge-FSU
    4/140) Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA. Trade up for a QB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Nelson has a cap number of $14,420,000 this season. It would be a dream to trade him for a 1st round pick, but the reality is he's not going to be easy to trade and we should have him for the 2021 season. Which team would cough up a high draft pick for one year? He'll have to agree to be extended if traded. Not exactly sure how that works.

Corner might not be an issue this year, but given Haden's age, and the fact that Nelson will be a free agent soon you better believe we will be drafting corners high. We sure as heck don't have the cap space to pick a good one in free agency.
    We might have to extend him to get a higher draft pick. Sign and trade

But wow save 7 M and get a 2nd or 3rd draft pick.
    Sutton, Haden, Layne and Pierre... ugh..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Not really. The last 3 years are dummy years and will void. This was to scrape together a few extra bucks for Ju Ju
    I think you are right about this, but Sutton is signed long term.

This might be a bigger story than Juju going forward...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    We might have to extend him to get a higher draft pick. Sign and trade

But wow save 7 M and get a 2nd or 3rd draft pick.
    Sutton, Haden, Layne and Pierre... ugh..

Not really a possibility as we would take the hit. He would have to work out a deal with the team we are trading with prior to trade
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Josh Kaindoh-Edge-FSU
    4/140) Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA. Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not on twitter, but my son told me he saw a tweet (Rappaport I think he said) that said that the Nelson situation is due to re-signing JuJu, not necessarily because he asked out. If so very strange. As much as we all like Haden, he is 32y.o., also in his last contract season, and similar savings in letting him go (only $1.25M less). If I'm given the choice of which one to move on from, I'm choosing Haden.

I also don't get why you re-sign JuJu - a player at a position of depth, and let go Nelson or Haden - a position with little depth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I'm not on twitter, but my son told me he saw a tweet (Rappaport I think he said) that said that the Nelson situation is due to re-signing JuJu, not necessarily because he asked out. If so very strange. As much as we all like Haden, he is 32y.o., also in his last contract season, and similar savings in letting him go (only $1.25M less). If I'm given the choice of which one to move on from, I'm choosing Haden.

I also don't get why you re-sign JuJu - a player at a position of depth, and let go Nelson or Haden - a position with little depth.
    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

With stilll-#Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster staying home and making $8M, PIT will either cut or trade CB Steven Nelson, source said. Hes due $8.25M this season, but is headed elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't like losing Nelson for JuJu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post

This offense is going to be deadly with those 4 WRs ( DJ, Juju, Claypool, JW), add in Ebron and a possible upgrade at RB.
    Add in Canada influence and total retool the OL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

we hear every year about how unstoppable the offense is going to be and it never happens

meanwhile the championship level defense has take a major step back