Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Nelson wants out

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    how could they be pissed? Its business.

I believe Haden said he wasn’t given a chance to take a pay cut. Which meant he wanted an extension which would’ve cut his salary this year.

I think it was just an issue of not having the money and having to make a decision between Haden and Nelson and they preferred Haden. I think Haden is better overall but his age and injuries may not make for the better fit after next year.

I think the Steelers miscalculated this and I also believe they thought JuJu would sign somewhere else. Once he returned we had tough choices to make. Obviously they value JuJu.
    Jujus 2 mil cap hit has nothing to do with Nelson. Just timing created that optic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Jujus 2 mil cap hit has nothing to do with Nelson. Just timing created that optic.
    Not sure this is true.

We needed to free up cap space either way.

But it would have been possible to give Nelson a dummy extension too.

Maybe that came off the table after signing Juju of they have an internal cap for how much they want to push to next year?

Not saying that's what happened. But it's a possible way that Jujus contract meant Nelson was out.

And it potentially fits with him saying we didn't ask him to rework his deal to make cap room (although that's not exactly what he said).

All we know is that he was cut. Which means they thought the cap space was spent better elsewhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    what you are witnessing IS nice.. lol. This is kid gloves right here. CP and I have these debates all the time. He just can’t handle being wrong so often.

I was nice and didnt even bring up his gloating of Ben in the first half of the season and radio silence in second half
    of the season once defenses started to gel
    Yes we go at it all the time.

Lets play. Ben? Really?
    Dizz be like the guy who always says, "what about Hunter Biden", in 2021 to deflect from the current topic at hand.

Take away the revisionist history and you will recall you too were quite excited albeit with Bens play. You know how I remember it? I MADE THE CASE YOU WERE NOT A HATER based on it.

Feel free to thank me anytime.

Am I gonna bash him every time he struggles? No more than I bash Tomlin.

See "I" am consistent my friend. I don't rag on MY OWN TEAM during the season.

After the season, I made clear I thought Ben played poorly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Not sure this is true.

We needed to free up cap space either way.

But it would have been possible to give Nelson a dummy extension too.

Maybe that came off the table after signing Juju of they have an internal cap for how much they want to push to next year?

Not saying that's what happened. But it's a possible way that Jujus contract meant Nelson was out.

And it potentially fits with him saying we didn't ask him to rework his deal to make cap room (although that's not exactly what he said).

All we know is that he was cut. Which means they thought the cap space was spent better elsewhere.
    Nothing Nelson says implies he'd settle for a dummy extension. And frankly, it would make little sense. Heck Juju didn't do it until he saw he was worth less than he thought.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nothing Nelson says implies he'd settle for a dummy extension. And frankly, it would make little sense.
    I agree.

Nelson proclaimed that he was the best CB on the team.

this leads me to believe that he and his agent were looking for an extension that included a raise, and Nelson certainly wouldn't have gone for dummy years.
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford

Legend

User Info Menu

Nelson tweeted there are 10-15 teams with serious interest. Sure, but at what salary is the question? Still some decent CBs sitting by the phone, Sherman, Bouye, Hayward.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers simply didn't want Nelson for 2021

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...021-cornerback
    2021 Mock Draft #2:
    1) Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
    2) Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
    3) Quinn Meinerz, C, University Wisconsin Whitewater
    4a) Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State
    4b) Tariq Thompson, S, San Diego State
    6) Tay Gowan, CB, Central Florida
    7a) Kylen Granson, TE, SMU
    7b) Patrick Johnson, OLB, Tulane

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    the first 9 games of the season don't count.

unless he performed well. then they obviously count
    ha.. all the games count. But you guys are in here acting like everyone didnít watch defenses struggle early on and give up a ton of points.

Refs were instructed to NOT call holding penalties first half of the season.

That didnít happen? No one was on here complaining about the offenses getting an obvious advantage?

Okay.. lol
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes we go at it all the time.

Lets play. Ben? Really?
    Dizz be like the guy who always says, "what about Hunter Biden", in 2021 to deflect from the current topic at hand.

Take away the revisionist history and you will recall you too were quite excited albeit with Bens play. You know how I remember it? I MADE THE CASE YOU WERE NOT A HATER based on it.

Feel free to thank me anytime.

Am I gonna bash him every time he struggles? No more than I bash Tomlin.

See "I" am consistent my friend. I don't rag on MY OWN TEAM during the season.

After the season, I made clear I thought Ben played poorly.
    Yes, when one of our players plays well I admit it, when they don’t I point it out.

No need to wait until the end of the season because my opinion doesn’t impact the team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

huh? we were scrambling to make room. Every signing and release is related to our cap.