Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blow it up!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Blow it up!!

My take on the current situation:
    WR: Johnson = drops Ebron = drops Claypool = Ju Ju clone Washington = deep threat, but Ben??
    OT: AV = turnstile Chuks = backup on a good team Banner + ditto
    G: DeCastro = done Dotson = a keeper C; ??
    QB: Ben and ??
    RB; # 1 or Conner = wait and see
    DL: Cam = ok Tuitt = average without Bud beside him Nothing else to consider
    OLB: JJ = our only star Hightower = improving
    ILB: Bush = a recovery year Spillane = tough, but?
    CB: Nelson = make or break year Haden = almost done
    S: Edmunds = a waste Minka = afraid to hit anyone
    K: Boswell: good P: Berry = ok
    This team reminds me of the Pirates- a MLB franchise with AAA talent. Putting on my GM hat I would trade out of #1 for an acceptable offer unless RB Harris falls to us or one of the top 4 offensive tackles slips that far. I don't have the value chart in front of me, but with our # 2 and the choices we should get 3 quality players out of the top 100 ( and we should play them all as much as possible this year )
    Given our upcoming schedule I see no better than 8-8 and hopefully it will be worse so we can draft in the top 15 in 2022. I would say goodbye to Ben, Tuitt and DD after this year and start the rebuild that should have been done this year instead of Ben's victory tour.
    Thoughts

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    My take on the current situation:
    WR: Johnson = drops Ebron = drops Claypool = Ju Ju clone Washington = deep threat, but Ben??
    OT: AV = turnstile Chuks = backup on a good team Banner + ditto
    G: DeCastro = done Dotson = a keeper C; ??
    QB: Ben and ??
    RB; # 1 or Conner = wait and see
    DL: Cam = ok Tuitt = average without Bud beside him Nothing else to consider
    OLB: JJ = our only star Hightower = improving
    ILB: Bush = a recovery year Spillane = tough, but?
    CB: Nelson = make or break year Haden = almost done
    S: Edmunds = a waste Minka = afraid to hit anyone
    K: Boswell: good P: Berry = ok
    This team reminds me of the Pirates- a MLB franchise with AAA talent. Putting on my GM hat I would trade out of #1 for an acceptable offer unless RB Harris falls to us or one of the top 4 offensive tackles slips that far. I don't have the value chart in front of me, but with our # 2 and the choices we should get 3 quality players out of the top 100 ( and we should play them all as much as possible this year )
    Given our upcoming schedule I see no better than 8-8 and hopefully it will be worse so we can draft in the top 15 in 2022. I would say goodbye to Ben, Tuitt and DD after this year and start the rebuild that should have been done this year instead of Ben's victory tour.
    Thoughts
    You've got bigger balls then our owner. Because Rooney won't do that. And how Rooney placates to a deteriorating QB is a sad look. I think a lot of us would go your route and be good with it knowing we'll turn the arrow back upward in a couple of seasons. Us real fans know that you've got to clean house sometimes to right the ship.

Just wanted you to know your not alone in that thought process. Good job.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    You've got bigger balls then our owner. Because Rooney won't do that. And how Rooney placates to a deteriorating QB is a sad look. I think a lot of us would go your route and be good with it knowing we'll turn the arrow back upward in a couple of seasons. Us real fans know that you've got to clean house sometimes to right the ship.

No clue what your beef is with Rooney. Best owner in football, by far, and you’re still unhappy. I can’t tell if some of us are just spoiled or following the wrong team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks but no thanks. Beyond ridiculous and demonstrates clear lack of understanding how this franchise operates and their vision
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    No clue what your beef is with Rooney. Best owner in football, by far, and you’re still unhappy. I can’t tell if some of us are just spoiled or following the wrong team.
    That’s easy...Rooney doesn’t hate Tomlin and won’t fire him. In SM’s hate filled warped mind that is the worse possible offense

oh and if you disagree with him and demonstrate what a fool and clown he is you will be put on the dreaded “Ignore” which is actually an honor
    Last edited by Oviedo; 03-18-2021 at 05:07 PM.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    What do you think makes him the best owner?
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Is this Crash???

Backup

User Info Menu

Making a 37 year old QB the highest paid for his age in history, and 3rd highest for his position, makes me wonder what they were thinking.

Legend

User Info Menu

Us real fans know that
    you're the furthest thing ever from a real Steelers fan.
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Is this Crash???
    no, although both are annoying as hel! I'm sure they're different people.

Crash is actually knowledgeable whereas Steel Maniac doesn't even know what he doesn't know.

and Crash has balls, he would never be a weak coward and put other posters on ignore like Steel Maniac does.
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia