Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blow it up!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    agreed, I just find the high standards funny. I hear it a lot.

I have high standards but they are also realistic. Seems loke your standards aren’t that high tho if you don’t expect a SB this year or next. I think that’s the reality of Steeler fans who aren’t miserable. SB’s are nice but the reality is they are hard to make and harder to win. More times than not we aren’t going to win one but we will always try to make the playoffs which gives us a chance.
    Super Bowl ? How about winning in the playoffs? I chuckle when fans use " the Steeler way " when things are not rosy.

This is team that has seen its Super Bowl window shut.

Just imagine if Jim Mora was our coach, not winning a playoff game since 2016 after being at the helm of another epic collapse. Please allow me to quote Jim

I don't think me asking for a playoff win every other year given the talent we have is too much to ask for. That has been my realistic standard for years. This year, I understand it's going to be very tough.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 03-19-2021 at 04:20 PM.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Backup

User Info Menu

That Mora clip is ageless, and worthy of a LMAO every time I watch it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    That Mora clip is ageless, and worthy of a LMAO every time I watch it.
    yeah, the Mora and Iverson clips crack me up every single time I watch them.

Playoffs?

Practice?
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This is the doomiest, gloomiest post in a while.

LMAO at SM jumping on the OPís bones like the desperate kid at lunch after dude gave his little speech while standing on the lunch table.

Most of those player assessments are awful.
    These player assessments are the absolute bottom of the range on each player. It is the worst case scenario.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    On the mark!!!! Like I said, some people claim to be fans but I can never figure if they are fans of a Fantasy Football team or the Steelers. They panic every off season and get ticked when the Steelers don't do things the way they would. The Steelers way hasn't changed in 25 years because it works
    This is the annual panic during Free Agency post. Everybody needs to relax. We still got 6 months to our next game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    These player assessments are the absolute bottom of the range on each player. It is the worst case scenario.
    it was like the OP cut and pasted the worst comments about each player.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    This is the annual panic during Free Agency post. Everybody needs to relax. We still got 6 months to our next game.
    let's wait until after the draft before we panic.

1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    does that writer know the difference between cutting him and what he restructured for is like 6 million?

what's his next article going to be.
    "why didn't tampa cut brady" he will retire soon, they are just delaying the inevitable.

do they think he will luck out again by facing 2 QBs in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs that shouldn't be starting for any team?
    do they think his defense will save him again after throwing 3 INTs in the NFCC ?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    let's wait until after the draft before we panic.

This is funny. I left another board because it started to read like a Ravens or Bengals board with all the complaining about everything related to the Steelers. This one I hope doesn't get as bad