Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: A reason why D Watson has not been traded?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    What a turn of events for Watson, we went from wondering what team would be lucky enough to get him to wondering if he will play again.
    I heard one of the women accusing Watson speak today, she sounded very believable and convincing.

this definitely will not blow over quickly for Deshaun, wouldn't be surprised at all if he misses at least this next season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I heard one of the women accusing Watson speak today, she sounded very believable and convincing.

this definitely will not blow over quickly for Deshaun, wouldn't be surprised at all if he misses at least this next season.
    Same here. Just wait until more come out. Waston if he has an image person needs to kick in high gear. And he needs to smile more / do motive things for the community. I think he's out for the year and traded for less than he's worth as a player.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

Legend

User Info Menu

It's all allegations right now. But if Roethlisberger was suspended a month on allegations I could see where Watson might be sitting for a while.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It's all allegations right now. But if Roethlisberger was suspended a month on allegations I could see where Watson might be sitting for a while.
    it was Ben’s second accusation but yes, in 2021 I can see Deshaun being suspended for 8 games and having it reduced to 6 or 4.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I think the push for the longer suspension came from the team and not the league.

I thought it was reported that Rooney want to the league to ask for 6 because the team could only do 4 by itself. I think they were really going for the scare Ben straight method. But maybe I just bought into a narrative that was going around at the time.

But post #metoo, you'd think that the league would come down hard on this. Although their general policy off field stuff seems to involve a random number generator. Unless there is stunning video evidence that gets leaked to the public...or you're Kraft (although maybe those videos were only discussed and not leaked?).

Basically, if there's bad PR the league will squash you. If not they will let it ride. More heartfelt press conferences like this might increase the negative PR which Watson seems to have mostly avoided so far.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nike suspends Deshaun Watson sponsorship; Beats by Dre ends deal, sources say

Nike has suspended its endorsement deal with Deshaun Watson, and sources told ESPN that Beats by Dre is ending its sponsorship of Watson amid the sexual assault and inappropriate behavior allegations against the Houston Texans quarterback.

"We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and have suspended Deshaun Watson. We will continue to closely monitor the situation," Nike said in a statement Wednesday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lt-allegations
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think the push for the longer suspension came from the team and not the league.

I thought it was reported that Rooney want to the league to ask for 6 because the team could only do 4 by itself. I think they were really going for the scare Ben straight method. But maybe I just bought into a narrative that was going around at the time.

But post #metoo, you'd think that the league would come down hard on this. Although their general policy off field stuff seems to involve a random number generator. Unless there is stunning video evidence that gets leaked to the public...or you're Kraft (although maybe those videos were only discussed and not leaked?).

Basically, if there's bad PR the league will squash you. If not they will let it ride. More heartfelt press conferences like this might increase the negative PR which Watson seems to have mostly avoided so far.
    yes, I kept trying to remind those who said Ben was treated harsher his first time around to just wait until after the NCAA tourney.

Now that its over Nike has pulled the plug.. surely they didn’t want to make an announcement during tourney time.

As we get closer to the draft we will hear more about this case and that is when the NFL will move on Deshaun.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I just feel sick about this. He was a great guy with high character coming out of Clemson. That or a great actor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I just feel sick about this. He was a great guy with high character coming out of Clemson. That or a great actor.
    Do you realize how many players come into the NFL as God fearing players who swear they won’t let fame ruin them?

This happens a lot.

Also, while its a bit different, I never bought into the “nice guy” stuff because I used to promote shows in college. All the positive rappers were mostly *******s and the scary “gangsta” rappers were nice as hell.

I used to work at a homeless shelter in college too. The nice ones.. always ended up scamming or thieving because you let your guard down. The mean and nasty one’s.. you could trust them because they showed you their worst.

A good guy has no where to go but down.. and unless we grew up with them we don’t know them personally so how can we call them nice guys?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yes.. at RB.

$16 mill per year. Remember when you congratulated McCaffrey on his deal?
    So he spends more on a rb but the same overall cap.
    Actually didn’t Rooney offer to make bell the highest paid rb ever?
    Only his stupidity saved us from that.
    Yup, mccaffrey did it right. Worked hard, said the right things, honored his word and produced.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?