Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mason Rudolph is quietly gaining leverage against the Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Make Rudolph a backup $ offer. If he takes it, great. If not, I won’t lose sleep over him leaving.
    yes, the whole point of moving onto MR for me was to save money.

I don’t think he is worth $20 mill but then again.. $20 mill is considered a bargain for a QB these days, smh.

I think the best deal would be a 1 year prove it contract IF our FO really likes him.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yes, the whole point of moving onto MR for me was to save money.

I don’t think he is worth $20 mill but then again.. $20 mill is considered a bargain for a QB these days, smh.

I think the best deal would be a 1 year prove it contract IF our FO really likes him.
    Sounds fair enough. They have a year to evaluate Haskins if he makes the team but they’ll need to do something at QB soon. In a year, all four QBs (I’m including Dobbs for now) could be gone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Sounds fair enough. They have a year to evaluate Haskins if he makes the team but they’ll need to do something at QB soon. In a year, all four QBs (I’m including Dobbs for now) could be gone.
    I still think MR is held in much higher regard than fans believe. I think we roll with MR and Haskins for a year and then make a move.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I still think MR is held in much higher regard than fans believe. I think we roll with MR and Haskins for a year and then make a move.
    I think we'll also draft a QB early next year to groom in case MR and Haskins don't work out as the starter
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont think we are saying he is worthless..

we just have loyalty to Ben for obvious reasons.

I wonder how many GM’s are thinking we are crazy for holding onto Ben another year after watching last years playoff game a week after Mason had us close to a W.
    If we try to trade him we ARE saying he is worthless.

Ben? You make my point. Ben is here for one year. If we like Mason like you think, we ain't trading him.

Ben has no other proven backup as well.

Why would ANYBODY trade for Mason? Nobody needs him more than US!!!!

If we try to trade him, he will look LESS desirable because if WE don't want him with the gaping hole his loss would create, why would anybody else want him?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

No way I offer him $20+M/yr with his limited PT. I'd shoot for $15M and throw a ton of incentives into the contract that could boost it to $20M. If he's all that, he will get PT, wins, and make the money. (I know, they all want the guaranteed $...well, he can fagettaboutit).

Legend

User Info Menu

You do know you just make the point he ain't the answer. You just said you EXPECT to move on after one year. This may well play out because we don't have a choice.

I don't see how that differs from what his critics say.

Stopgap starter is his ceiling.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You do know you just make the point he ain't the answer. You just said you EXPECT to move on after one year. This may well play out because we don't have a choice.

I don't see how that differs from what his critics say.

Stopgap starter is his ceiling.
    And I don't think MR is going to sign a 1 year deal unless he doesn't have any other options.

He doesn't have much experience in the league and the experience he does have isn't all that great.

I don't think we should give him much of a contract offer (maybe none at all).

Legend

User Info Menu

This!!! I find it humorous that some posters think the organization is blowing smoke on how they feel about MR to save face. Ridiculous! Why do you think they give a damn about what fans think about players? If they say they see potential with MR, they see it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This!!! I find it humorous that some posters think the organization is blowing smoke on how they feel about MR to save face. Ridiculous! Why do you think they give a damn about what fans think about players? If they say they see potential with MR, they see it.
    Or they don’t want to lose a good backup who knows the playbook? Kind of like a Charlie Batch. We’ll see how much they value MR once they offer a contract.

The Steelers QB becomes a fascinating story once Ben retires.