Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analytics: The Pick is In

Legend

User Info Menu

Analytics: The Pick is In

Analytics junkie Cynthia F. makes the call. I would not be sad with it. Radunz has been mentioned a couple of times with the Steelers:

24 - Pittsburgh Steelers
    Dillon Radunz

North Dakota State OT Senior (RS)
    One of my favorite things to measure is how far back O-linemen get pushed -- or don't get pushed, rather -- by the defensive players trying to pressure their QB. Radunz's results place him in the top 12 percent amongst tackles over the 15-season sample. It's necessary to factor in the level of competition, but this is still the kind of result that usually equates to a career of 10-plus years.
    https://www.nfl.com/news/cynthia-fre...aft-to-win-now

Starter

User Info Menu

I like Radunz as a second round pick. Yeah he helped himself in the senior bowl but exactly who did he push backward at North Dakota?
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I like Radunz as a second round pick. Yeah he helped himself in the senior bowl but exactly who did he push backward at North Dakota?
    I think it just goes to show that from 24 till 55, the 2nd-3rd tier OT are much more bunched together than previously thought.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I think it just goes to show that from 24 till 55, the 2nd-3rd tier OT are much more bunched together than previously thought.

Agreed. 100% which is why we can go RB or QB in round one and get the tackle in round two. The value is right.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Legend

User Info Menu

Nice tape work here..... am wondering if he could be a future DeCastro replacement. Maybe not an overpowering guy but can move well to the second level:

Legend

User Info Menu

Radunz seems to be a reach at 24 but may be gone before we pick in the 2nd round. I still think you can find better value in the first.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Colbert and Tomlin stick to Power 5 schools in round 1. One would think analytics would have told her that.
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

1/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    2/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Josh Kaindoh-Edge-FSU
    4/140) Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    6/216) Tre Norwood-S-OU
    7/245) Quinton Morris-TE-Bowling Green
    7/254) Derrick Barnes-ILB-Purdue

2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA. Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Colbert and Tomlin stick to Power 5 schools in round 1. One would think analytics would have told her that.
    I agree. This would be a shocker. Who since Ben have we taken in Round 1 that hasn't come from a Power 5?
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Analytics junkie Cynthia F. makes the call. I would not be sad with it. Radunz has been mentioned a couple of times with the Steelers:

https://www.nfl.com/news/cynthia-fre...aft-to-win-now
    Wonder if there's info 9n the guys we had last year and how far back they got pushed.

My guess is a lot. Especially the interior.

Seemed like lots of hits in the backfield. Or RBs running into OL (although that is on the RB too)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree. This would be a shocker. Who since Ben have we taken in Round 1 that hasn't come from a Power 5?
    And Colbert didnt pick Ben until Rooney stepped in.

Maybe we FINALLY get that 1st round tackle we missed because Rooney forced his hand.