Thread: King; Best Games of 2021

Legend

User Info Menu

King; Best Games of 2021

The Steelers show up a few times on the list.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

The best game of 2021, Aaron Rodgers versus Patrick Mahomes, is on track. Really, only one game in 2021 would rival Green Bay-Kansas City. That’s Tampa Bay at New England, with Tom Brady’s return to Foxboro. Pittsburgh at Green Bay is interesting too, with the very likely last meeting of Ben Roethlisberger and Rodgers. Brady in Foxboro is great theater, of course. But Rodgers-Mahomes is a much better game, with two passers at the peak of their powers.

A note about how the league configured the extra game: When the NFL was choosing options, the formula that prevailed—follow me now—was AFC versus NFC, cross-conference matchup from two years ago, 2021 matchup based on 2020 standings. Now that you’re totally confused, here’s an example: The four AFC West teams played the four NFC North teams in 2019. In 2020, Kansas City finished in first place in the AFC West, Green Bay first in the NFC North. So in 2021, it’s AFC West against NFC North, and 1-versus-1 from ‘20 becomes Green Bay versus Kansas City. I will bet you a Kroll’s West cheeseburger with an ice-cold Spotted Cow that the networks will brawl over this ratings-gold game. This game alone is reason enough for the league to rush the 17th game onto the 2021 schedule.

• Best five games after that, assuming the 17-game slate:

Pittsburgh v Seattle. Last two meetings have ended 39-30 and 28-26, Seattle. Ben (maybe) dueling Russ (maybe) for the last time (maybe) is sumptuous.
    Baltimore v L.A. Rams. In 2019, the high-flying Ravens put up 45 on the Rams. Matthew Stafford will have something to say about that now.
    Tampa Bay v Indianapolis. Tom Brady versus the team that chose Philip Rivers over him in 2020.
    Houston v Carolina. Imagine if Nick Caserio buckles and trades Deshaun Watson to the team that might covet him most, the Panthers.
    New England v Dallas. If it’s not a good game, at least it’ll get ratings out the wazoo.
    The others: Buffalo-Washington, Miami-Giants, Philadelphia-Jets, Cleveland-Arizona, Cincinnati-San Francisco, Tennessee-New Orleans, Jacksonville-Atlanta, Las Vegas-Chicago, L.A. Chargers-Minnesota, Denver-Detroit.

Legend

User Info Menu

On paper, Pittsburgh has a brutal schedule.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've been able to avoid Sunday Ticket because where I live I can catch as many as 8-10 Steelers games in a season on reg or cable TV. But with some higher profile players emerging in the AFCN not sure how long that will last ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I've been able to avoid Sunday Ticket because where I live I can catch as many as 8-10 Steelers games in a season on reg or cable TV. But with some higher profile players emerging in the AFCN not sure how long that will last ...
    I just keep buying it. Have been since 1998. It’s my drug of choice.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I subscribed to DAZN this season. $20 (CDN) a month thru the season Sept-Dec is $80, a little over $60 USD.