Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting to know 2021 Steelers draft prospect Anthony Schwartz with SKL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Getting to know 2021 Steelers draft prospect Anthony Schwartz with SKL

Hey gang. As many of you know this is the time of year I go from observing to posting. I usually will take a behind the scenes look at a bunch of guys that should be on the Steelers radar (although admittedly not as many as I used to when I was hitting up the Senior Bowl and Combine every year). This thread will look at Auburn-WR-Anthony Schwartz. Schwartz reportedly met with Steelers brass recently via zoom.

Pros

* true WORLD class speed
    * decent height for a player this fast 6'0"
    * can take the top off any D and will always be the fastest player on field
    * would be a force in a Matt Canada system, as his screen work and jet sweep aspects are among his best
    * can play in the slot or on the outside
    * nearly impossible to overthrow at NFL level

Cons

* hands are just average
    * is purely a one trick pony with no route running ability
    * can't spell Block if you spot him the BLOC
    * will struggle against any type of physicality
    * slight frame

NFL Player Comp- JJ Nelson
    Draft Day Range- picks 175-225
    Teams competing to draft him- everyone
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Josh Kaindoh-Edge-FSU
    4/140) Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Quinton Bohanna-DT-UK
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA. Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 03-01-2021 at 12:07 AM.
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia

Starter

User Info Menu

The name Schwartz and world class speed I think have never been used in the same sentence. Footnote, I know where he played high school football. American Heritage. The school has money up the wazoo, and is building / has built a national ranked powerhouse football team close to matching their academic level achievement, which on the surface would seem impossible as the school has been #1 in National Merit Finalists in Florida for 11 years in a row. One in four students in the Class of 2021 scored in the top one percent of students in the nation.

As a Steeler fan I don't want to hear the words " Jet Sweep, " at least until the season starts.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    The name Schwartz and world class speed I think have never been used in the same sentence. Footnote, I know where he played high school football. American Heritage. The school has money up the wazoo, and is building / has built a national ranked powerhouse football team close to matching their academic level achievement, which on the surface would seem impossible as the school has been #1 in National Merit Finalists in Florida for 11 years in a row. One in four students in the Class of 2021 scored in the top one percent of students in the nation.

As a Steeler fan I don't want to hear the words " Jet Sweep, " at least until the season starts.
    Schwartz took home the award after a stellar senior season on the track -- one that will culminate in the coming weeks at the IAAF World U20 Championships in Finland, where Schwartz will compete in the 100-meter dash and the 4x100-meter relay.

As a senior, Schwartz broke the youth world record in the 100- and 200-meter dashes, set two individual Florida sprint records at the Class 2A state meet this spring and was part of the state record-breaking 4x100-meter relay team that helped American Heritage finish second as a team.

Schwartz also recorded the nation's fastest wind-legal time in the 100 this year at 10.09 seconds in this month's Great Southwest Classic. That time ranks No. 4 all-time in the nation's prep track history.

The 6-foot, 180-pounder rank a 20.47 in the 200 at the Sam Burley Hall of Fame Invitational, finishing second in the nation among high school sprinters in 2018 and 18th on the all-time list.

All you need to do is google Anthony Schwartz and track times. I think someone on here quoted you an old proverb "better to be silent and thought a fool than open mouth and prove it", Go find someone else to grind you axe on. Your schtick is tiresome.

BTW my step daughter is a Sophomore at American Heritage. I've been going to their games for years.
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Josh Kaindoh-Edge-FSU
    4/140) Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Quinton Bohanna-DT-UK
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA. Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Schwartz took home the award after a stellar senior season on the track -- one that will culminate in the coming weeks at the IAAF World U20 Championships in Finland, where Schwartz will compete in the 100-meter dash and the 4x100-meter relay.

As a senior, Schwartz broke the youth world record in the 100- and 200-meter dashes, set two individual Florida sprint records at the Class 2A state meet this spring and was part of the state record-breaking 4x100-meter relay team that helped American Heritage finish second as a team.

Schwartz also recorded the nation's fastest wind-legal time in the 100 this year at 10.09 seconds in this month's Great Southwest Classic. That time ranks No. 4 all-time in the nation's prep track history.

The 6-foot, 180-pounder rank a 20.47 in the 200 at the Sam Burley Hall of Fame Invitational, finishing second in the nation among high school sprinters in 2018 and 18th on the all-time list.

All you need to do is google Anthony Schwartz and track times. I think someone on here quoted you an old proverb "better to be silent and thought a fool than open mouth and prove it", Go find someone else to grind you axe on. Your schtick is tiresome.

BTW my step daughter is a Sophomore at American Heritage. I've been going to their games for years.
    He sounds pretty fast.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    He sounds pretty fast.
    Al Davis would have taken him in the first round.
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    And traded up to do so.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post

I was being a little funny with the name, noting more. After all how many speedsters do you know with the name Schwartz? See the humor? I guess not. I was not doubting his speed.

" your stick is tiresome " I think of out of line Largo. I actually meet coach Brian Sheridan, who passed away very young not so long ago. Like I said the school is an elite level academic school who recruits top high school level athletes fo to there. Given their money and influence it won't be long until they leapfrog school like St. Thomas, and Carinal Gibbons. The high school level of coaching is now big business. Top coaches can make six figures on the books, and IMO don't be shocked to learn that high school athletes getting paid.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 03-02-2021 at 03:29 PM.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I was being a little funny with the name, noting more. After all how many speedsters do you know with the name Schwartz? See the humor? I guess snot. I was not doubting his speed.
    I read your comment this way as well. Schwartz is usually you lawyer or accountant, not your world class sprinter. A possible dig at Jewish heritage, but with an adopted name of Buschbaum I guess you can get away with it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Funny. Davis one drafted the fastest OT in a draft class, just because he ran well. I've been watching a bit of Al lately. He's not quite the bad guy he's made out to be. He's can be very loyal and was right / beat the NFL in court to move his team. He also tried to hire one Charles Henry Noll, before we did. History would have changed if he was successful. Thankfully I don't think Al Davis was a Chuck Noll type of guy.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 03-02-2021 at 03:29 PM.

2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson