Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers need to find a top 10 RB.

Starter

User Info Menu

The Steelers need to find a top 10 RB.

The Steelers need to find a top 10 RB. Any of the first six players listed or DK Dobbins would be fine.

https://www.nfl.com/news/rb-index-final-top-10-rankings-who-s-the-next-great-running-back
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers are truly committed to improving the run game, it’s time to get a top flight, every down back if available in the draft along with rebuilding the OL. IMO that person is not on the roster now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you don't fix the line and offensive scheme in general you could have Walter Payton and it wouldn't matter. Fix the line, fix the offense and half the battle to a run game is solved.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    If you don't fix the line and offensive scheme in general you could have Walter Payton and it wouldn't matter. Fix the line, fix the offense and half the battle to a run game is solved.
    couldn't agree more.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm in agreement on fixing the OL, but I also think we need to find a better RB than what we currently have.
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia

Starter

User Info Menu

Fixing the OL is a no brainer, as is upgrading from Conner. We need a top back, and there are very few of them to draft.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 02-25-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm in agreement on fixing the OL, but I also think we need to find a better RB than what we currently have.
    Agree. I’m not passing on Harris if he’s available at 24. His pro comparison is Leveon Bell. Yes please.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Agree. I’m not passing on Harris if he’s available at 24. His pro comparison is Leveon Bell. Yes please.
    Bell was a bit of a plodder in the Big Ten and had an underwhelming rookie year. Then he lost 20+ pounds and came back much quicker as a finesse back.

Harris is faster, a legit power back, and IMO a way better pro prospect coming out of college.

2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Bell was a bit of a plodder in the Big Ten and had an underwhelming rookie year. Then he lost 20+ pounds and came back much quicker as a finesse back.

Harris is faster, a legit power back, and IMO a way better pro prospect coming out of college.
    I think that is what they are comparing him against. I wouldn’t pass on Harris. Can run with power, can make people miss and has soft hands out of the backfield. He lacks top speed but he makes up for it in other ways. LB is a good comparison.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

always cracks me up when people say “you could have Barry Sanders and it wouldn’t matter with this OL”

like its not possible to fix the OL and also draft a top RB.

We have more than 1 draft pick. draft OL or RB in the first 2 rounds depending on which has better value when its our time to pick.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?