Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: Getting to know 2021 Steelers draft prospect Creed Humphrey

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Yes, he can play center too? That's a good one. All Creed Humphrey has ever done is play Center. ESPN literally did a feature called Creed Humphrey "Born to play center". While he could play Guard he is probably the most natural fit at C in the past 20 years. His lack of athleticism is best suited in the "phone booth" at Center. He will live there for a dozen years and make multiple Pro Bowls.
    Keylargo, honestly how big of a reach would it be if we drafted him at 24...

    He will be a plug and play starter for years, even if he moves to replaces Decastro in the future like Joel suggests.


  2. #12
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Keylargo, honestly how big of a reach would it be if we drafted him at 24...

    He will be a plug and play starter for years, even if he moves to replaces Decastro in the future like Joel suggests.
    I think his true value is in the 35-50 range. But that is only because of his position. I would be totally fine with them taking him at 24 as I believe he will make a half dozen Pro Bowls. The question is what is the drop off between him and the kid from Ohio State vs the drop from a Jenkins/Mayfield to an Eichenberg/Radunz ( If any). He's not moving to Guard. That is a pipedream.
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

    1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Josh Kaindoh-Edge-FSU
    4/140) Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA. Trade up for a QB





  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    If they want Humphrey, trade down with CIN and pick up their 38th and 69th. We can throw in a 2022 3rd since we'll have one to burn. That gives the Steelers 3 picks in the 2nd to stock up on OL/RB.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I think his true value is in the 35-50 range. But that is only because of his position. I would be totally fine with them taking him at 24 as I believe he will make a half dozen Pro Bowls. The question is what is the drop off between him and the kid from Ohio State vs the drop from a Jenkins/Mayfield to an Eichenberg/Radunz ( If any). He's not moving to Guard. That is a pipedream.
    Funny you mention that, I been liking what I am seeing and hear about Eichenberg.
    LT, plug and play from day 1 in the mold of AV.


  5. #15
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I think his true value is in the 35-50 range. But that is only because of his position. I would be totally fine with them taking him at 24 as I believe he will make a half dozen Pro Bowls. The question is what is the drop off between him and the kid from Ohio State vs the drop from a Jenkins/Mayfield to an Eichenberg/Radunz ( If any). He's not moving to Guard. That is a pipedream.
    I agree with the 35-50 range. That begs the question, is he really worth the pick? Maybe because our need level is so high, but I would not write off moving him to Guard, IF a OC and HC wants to take advantage of his best skills.

    Center to me is a position not worth what it used to be. They used to call the plays before they radio green dot came around. They do not " win " games, rather they enable others to do so. They are seldom first round picks for a reason. Centers do not run block as well as Guards in general, which is what Humphrey does best. Humphrey has limited mobility to get players via pull on the second level. But he's a monster power player. To me that suggest the classic Right guard, and the Steeler slide just about every team love to run to the right. Play to your strengths. Last year or RG and RT were weak! On Meyers he might measure and work out better, well see.

    I'm okay with Humphrey being our pick IF Jones and Harris are off the board, AND we can trade down a few slots to better reflect his BPA value.

    There's an old debate. BPA vs Value. Where do you stand? My stance is the science of the draft is a mix of the two. You better not reach, and you'd better pick what you need early.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

    1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    The best OC in the draft that is a proven leader, a plug and play starter and a run blocking monster.

    If he steps in and starts on Day 1, picking him at #24 isn’t a stretch. Could he be available at #35? Maybe. But if he IS available at #24, and he instantly upgrades and solidifies a starting position? He’s worth the #24th pick.

    The good news is that there seems to be a good handful of powerful OT types available for the 2nd round too. Steelers traditionally build an OL from the inside out, so I expect OT to follow OC.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

    Light up the darkness.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The best OC in the draft that is a proven leader, a plug and play starter and a run blocking monster.

    If he steps in and starts on Day 1, picking him at #24 isn’t a stretch. Could he be available at #35? Maybe. But if he IS available at #24, and he instantly upgrades and solidifies a starting position? He’s worth the #24th pick.

    The good news is that there seems to be a good handful of powerful OT types available for the 2nd round too. Steelers traditionally build an OL from the inside out, so I expect OT to follow OC.
    I really like that the consensus seems to be that there are lots of good linemen that will last to round 2.

    I am worried that "lasting to round 2" doesn't mean "lasting until the 55th pick".

    If it meant locking down 2 positions on the OL for the medium to long term, I'd be interesting in trading down a bit and then moving up in the 2nd (or just moving up in the 2nd).

    But I think it's probably hard to find trade partners that will give you good value at draft time.

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I agree with the 35-50 range. That begs the question, is he really worth the pick? Maybe because our need level is so high, but I would not write off moving him to Guard, IF a OC and HC wants to take advantage of his best skills.

    Center to me is a position not worth what it used to be. They used to call the plays before they radio green dot came around. They do not " win " games, rather they enable others to do so. They are seldom first round picks for a reason. Centers do not run block as well as Guards in general, which is what Humphrey does best. Humphrey has limited mobility to get players via pull on the second level. But he's a monster power player. To me that suggest the classic Right guard, and the Steeler slide just about every team love to run to the right. Play to your strengths. Last year or RG and RT were weak! On Meyers he might measure and work out better, well see.

    I'm okay with Humphrey being our pick IF Jones and Harris are off the board, AND we can trade down a few slots to better reflect his BPA value.

    There's an old debate. BPA vs Value. Where do you stand? My stance is the science of the draft is a mix of the two. You better not reach, and you'd better pick what you need early.
    He's worth it if he is the player you want. He is a plug and play, 10 year starter at a position of need. If you even suspect he will be gone at your next pick, you don't pass on him. Even if Jones (not sold on) and Harris are on the board I'd still be OK with Humphrey.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    24. Pittsburgh - Creed Humphrey (C, Oklahoma)

    Pittsburgh fans please donít divert your eyes, please hear me out! The Steelers are notorious for being very stingy with free-agent signings and letting players walk when they start to reach the end of their careers. Alejandro Villanueva leads a list of 3-4 players who could be on the move. While Villanueva is a tackle here the Steelers grab the best center on the board in Creed Humphrey. Humphrey likely would have been the first center selected last season had he declared himself eligible as a redshirt sophomore. Pittsburgh fans, the days of Maurkice Pouncey dominating the line are over. In fact, Pouncey statistically was one of the weakest centers in the NFL in 2020. If the Steelers make the move here donít expect it to be the only time they look at the offensive line as it will be an area they look at during all three days of the Draft.

    https://www.rotoballer.com/2021-nfl-...2-12-21/835606
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Great Steeler centers and where they were picked:


    • R. Mansfield - 2nd rd by PHI as a defensive tackle; Steelers traded for him and Noll moved him to center
    • M. Webster - 5th rd; Iron Mike only missed 5 games in 15 yrs
    • D. Dawson - 2nd rd; arguably the greatest Steelers center in their history, was frequently in awe watching him play
    • J. Hartings - 1st rd by DET as a guard; Steelers grabbed him as a FA and moved him to center, anchoring for six yrs
    • S. Mahan - 5th rd by TAM; FA pickup by the Steelers....this experiment at center is best not discussed
    • J. Hartwig - 6th rd by TEN; short but sweet career with the Steelers, anchored SB offense in 2008
    • M. Pouncey - 1st rd, 18th pick; storied career with the Steelers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •