Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Marty Schottenheimer dies at 77

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Marty Schottenheimer dies at 77

    Marty Schottenheimer article from ESPN Sports. He played football the way I like to watch football, run the ball ad play defense. His losses in big games are mind boggling, he's was one of the good guys.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...heimer-dies-77

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Agreed. Marty always did well in thr regular season but couldnít get it done in all those playoff appearances. And he was let go because of it.

    If only Marty could have taken the coaches and players from a previous super bowl team and got a ring, he too could have still been coaching and not gotten fired.

    Timing is everything huh Barry Switzer & .... ......
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    R.I.P Marty

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If only Marty could have taken the coaches and players from a previous super bowl team and got a ring, he too could have still been coaching and not gotten fired.
    you mean the 8-8 team that Tomlin inherited?
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Agreed. Marty always did well in thr regular season but couldn’t get it done in all those playoff appearances. And he was let go because of it.

    If only Marty could have taken the coaches and players from a previous super bowl team and got a ring, he too could have still been coaching and not gotten fired.

    Timing is everything huh Barry Switzer & .... ......
    Yup, dumping Marty was smart. Only took the Chiefs A QUARTER CENTURY to improve on his success.
    Who won the SB the with the Chiefs now?

    ANOTHER "can't win the big game" castaway.

    Yeah, dumping your winning coach because he didnt win it all last year...."brilliant".

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    R.I.P Marty
    He was great at thr fundamentals of the game. RIP
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    RIP Marty.

    Thanks for training Cowher for us.

    My brother is a KC fan and we'd love to watch Marty vs. Cowher back in the day (although I thought it was unfair that those games always seemed to be played in Arrowhead).

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yup, dumping Marty was smart. Only took the Chiefs A QUARTER CENTURY to improve on his success.
    Who won the SB the with the Chiefs now?

    ANOTHER "can't win the big game" castaway.

    Yeah, dumping your winning coach because he didnt win it all last year...."brilliant".
    Wow. It’s not like you to be full of doom and gloom. As long as we have a good GM and he’s aggressive when needed, we won’t end up like KC. Stop referring to us as if we are like every other team in the league. We have a top 5 GM; that alone separates us from 3/4 of the league. Now if he becomes a little more aggressive while in search of our next QB, we’ll be fine.

    Stop making decision because of fear. There’s no fear on this side my friend.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yup, dumping Marty was smart. Only took the Chiefs A QUARTER CENTURY to improve on his success.
    Who won the SB the with the Chiefs now?

    ANOTHER "can't win the big game" castaway.

    Yeah, dumping your winning coach because he didnt win it all last year...."brilliant".
    yup, just like how Steel Maniac's sig makes him look stupid.

    how did the Dolphins do after Shula retired?

    just because you get a new coach doesn't ensure success at all.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Wow. It’s not like you to be full of doom and gloom. As long as we have a good GM and he’s aggressive when needed, we won’t end up like KC. Stop referring to us as if we are like every other team in the league. We have a top 5 GM; that alone separates us from 3/4 of the league. Now if he becomes a little more aggressive while in search of our next QB, we’ll be fine.

    Stop making decision because of fear. There’s no fear on this side my friend.
    Colbert? You mean the dude who is on record as saying he wont sign a long term deal because he might just retire any minute now? That Colbert is why you pretend to have no fear?

    You best have confidence in Rooney, the guy who continues to support Tomlin, cause Colbert could be gone in a year.

    You do realize that every single post of yours say "doom and gloom".
    You have given up on the team as hopeless. It is kinda sad when you think about it.

    You cannot claim confidence in an organization while suggesting they are too stupid to know their coach is a scrub.

    Doom and gloom? Me? I dont think so.

    I am fine. I am excited about what we are going to do with the challenges we face.
    We have a team that is smart enough to not "act in fear" and bounce from coach to coach.

    I am not the one living in fear. Why should I the Steelers agree with ME.
    Just because I disagree with your take on Tomlin does not mean I fear anything but you getting the car keys.

    I don't fear flying, but if you ain't a pilot I ain't getting on YOUR plane if you are in the cockpit.

    Until you get adopted a Rooney I have no concern with your cray ideas.

    As you have no actual say in what happens...why should I be afraid? I'm just fine.


    Your move....MY FRIEND.



    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 02-09-2021 at 11:16 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •