Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hard pass on Trask

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    To the contrary, Herbert had some of the best passing accuracy numbers in his college class and was considered legitimate starting pro.

Agreed. My only question on Herbert was who he played, not his talent.

I don't care about Trask as a runner. He's not running much in the NFL. I do not want him in round one. Round three, maybe. Let the guy work out first. The Florida pro day is March 31.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree.

our QBs this year will be Ben, Rudolph and Haskins.

next year when Ben retires will be the time to draft a QB.

The Steelers can forget about Howell and the 2 other QB's prospects projected to go in the top twelve in 2022. They won't be that bad this coming season if Ben comes back.

So the question they need to ask themselves is the #4, #5, and #6 QB in 2021 better than who will be on the board in 2022 at #4, #5, and #6. To that I say yes, and there will not be a Mac Jones on the board at pick #24 in 2022. Jones, I think is the 1st or 2nd best QB in the draft. According to Alabama web sites, he ran a 4.82 as a freshman. He's bigger and stronger now.

The 40 is mostly in the start anyway unless you are looking for long range deep speed.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    The Steelers can forget about Howell and the 2 other QB's prospects projected to go in the top twelve in 2022. They won't be that bad this coming season if Ben comes back.

So the question they need to ask themselves is the #4, #5, and #6 QB in 2021 better than who will be on the board in 2022 at #4, #5, and #6. To that I say yes, and there will not be a Mac Jones on the board at pick #24 in 2022. Jones, I think is the 1st or 2nd best QB in the draft. According to Alabama web sites, he ran a 4.82 as a freshman. He's bigger and stronger now.

The 40 is mostly in the start anyway unless you are looking for long range deep speed.
    Not sure if you watched the last month and a half of the season. We did lose by 10 to the Bengals (without their QB) and go 1 - 5 over our last 6. Hard to be definitive about us not sucking next year IMO (although I hope it doesn't happen).

Maybe the argument is that the D will be better because Bush will be healthy and Highsmith will have more experience?

But the O, and Ben specifically, are huge question marks going into next season IMO.

And it looks like the AFCN could again be the hardest division in the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

J Newman might be available after Rd 2. If you want a QB that can run with the ball, he's your man (watch the 2nd run @:47....!):

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=385747842095123

Legend

User Info Menu

2021 NFL Draft Player Profiles: Florida QB Kyle Trask

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/20...qb-kyle-trask/
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post

Mac Jones 40 time? Why would anyone care about that?

no snark, just wondering why that was important to post.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Mel Kiper Jr. Views Florida QB Kyle Trask As Second-Round Prospect, Great Fit For Steelers

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/me...-for-steelers/
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mel Kiper Jr. Views Florida QB Kyle Trask As Second-Round Prospect, Great Fit For Steelers

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/me...-for-steelers/
    Whatever Kiper says, I do the opposite.