View Poll Results: Ben will

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Retire

1 5.56%
  • Take the cut the team needs (>$20M)

9 50.00%
  • Not take enough of a cut ($10 or less)

6 33.33%
  • Be forced out/Cut

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Predictions

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Predictions

Perhaps someone who can set up a poll with the following:

1. Ben retires
    2. Ben takes a partial restructure but not enough (about $10M)
    3. Ben does the team right and takes a big enough cut (greater than $20M)
    4. The team decides to move on without Ben and cuts him
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben will take whatever cut is required to return. It will be up to management on whether he returns or not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Ben will take whatever cut is required to return. It will be up to management on whether he returns or not.
    Agreed.......

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I hope they word it just the way you said it Chuck; Time for management to grow a pair and dictate to him what the terms are.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I hope they word it just the way you said it Chuck; Time for management to grow a pair and dictate to him what the terms are.

Because they never did that before....like Troy P!!!!!!

Can't resist making everything a negative.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Time for management to grow a pair
    says the coward who puts people on ignore.

you're the one who needs to grow a pair.
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa
    4.128 Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Tony Fields II ILB W Virginia
    6.216 Shaka Toney OLB Penn St
    7.245 Divine Deablo S Va Tech
    7.254 John Bates TE Boise St

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Ben gets a nice haircut to his paycheck and comes back for one more year.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He is going to reduce his cap to fthe min, but no way he leaves money off...he would be stupid, and the Steelers and NFL owners just show greed!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    He is going to reduce his cap to fthe min, but no way he leaves money off...he would be stupid, and the Steelers and NFL owners just show greed!

So you advocate letting multiple good players leave, becoming a weaker team with poorer performance?

Its no more greed for the "Steelers and NFL owners" to control expenses than it is for any business to do layoffs, close unprofitable operations, etc. The greedy Steelers and NFL have given Ben and his family multi-generational wealth. So who is greedy?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I’m confused here.
    So the owners are greedy because they will force Ben to take less or is Ben greedy for not giving money back from the contract that the organization offered?
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.