Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Getting to know 2021 Steelers draft prospect Teven Jenkins with SKL

Starter

User Info Menu

I have some reservations about Jenkins in round one. Round two, sure I'd be okay with the pick.

1 ) He seems to be a Right Tackle or Guard prospect only. Our biggest needs on the Offensive line are Center, and Left Tackle, so by picking him do we really address a major a need?

2 ) What is his arm length. 34" is average for a tackle. 32" and defenders get to your chest. Shot armed players sometimes lean in to compensate getting off balance. I think his arms was measured at the senior bowl and were found to be short. In addition, he opted out of the one on one drills at the combine., I say partly to hide his lack on one on one blocking ability.

3 ) To be a tackle in the NFL, I think you need to show some agility and change of direction ability What is his 10 yard split, 20 yard shuttle and cone drills? Did he even run them? Below average times here, and a red flag should go up. How about a 40, just to make sure he's not a 5.5 guy? Not running them at all, raise that red flag. We might be taking Guard to replace who, Dotson?

4 ) Level of competition played. Jenkins did it most vs Big 12 defenders, and choose not to show it in the senior bowl.

In summary if his arm length and lack of movement skills best suit him at Guard, you are picking a power player who really can't pull well and guard. Guards are sort of luxury picks for round one. There is a reason you see so few of them taken in round one. I have seen stuff about his weight and character being an issue. I don't offer character reports but if " they " say it you begin to wonder its an issue.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 03-28-2021 at 07:01 AM.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL Rumors - April 2 Updates:

Teven Jenkins is drawing lots of interest from the Steelers and Jets. - Tony Pauline, Pro Football Network

The Jets' interest is an odd one because they have a solid offensive line. The Steelers, conversely, lost three starting offensive linemen this offseason.

https://walterfootball.com/nflrumors
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford

Legend

User Info Menu

Alex Kozora
    @Alex_Kozora

Oklahoma State OT Teven Jenkins on what teams are getting if they draft him.

"Tough, physical, nasty mofo. A dude who does not shy away from hits. A dude's who is going to bust his ass."

Apr 1, 2021

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/stat...80920203902980

Legend

User Info Menu

Daniel Jeremiah 2021 NFL mock draft 3.0: 49ers go all in on Mac Jones

Published: Apr 06, 2021

Pick 24

Pittsburgh Steelers

Teven Jenkins
    Oklahoma State OT

The Steelers would have their choice of the top running backs here, but I think upgrading the offensive line will be the first order of business.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jere...n-on-mac-jones

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Damn it.... I wanted to say

Come and get him Jets!

#24 (740) > #2.34 ( 560points) + #86 (160 points) ( 720 points)

But they draft right before us at #23.

( good thing they can let Eteinne or Harris come to us)

Legend

User Info Menu

The Titans are seriously interested in Teven Jenkins. - Charley Casserly, NFL Network

Will Tennessee spend another first-round pick on a tackle after Isaiah Wilson failed? Potentially, yes, because Jenkins may not be available in Round 2. The Titans have reportedly met with Jenkins on numerous occasions.

https://walterfootball.com/nflrumors

Legend

User Info Menu

Titans interest in Teven Jenkins could lead to a trade with Steelers or Jets

Then later at the 41:50 mark in the same video, Pauline is talking about Spencer Brown rising up draft boards and he says,

“I know the Pittsburgh Steelers like him, and if the Pittsburgh Steelers, who need offensive line help, lose out on Teven Jenkins in round one, I think that is a guy they could look to in round two.”

https://titansized.com/2021/04/09/ti...eelers-jets/4/