Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting to know 2021 Steelers draft prospect Teven Jenkins with SKL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

please excuse my inability to make the links clickable. My tech is not up to par with my football.
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Josh Kaindoh-Edge-FSU
    4/140) Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA. Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    please excuse my inability to make the links clickable. My tech is not up to par with my football.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-big-board-10

click on the film roll "insert video" next to the "insert image" right above.

place your link into the "insert video clip" and hit "ok".
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-big-board-10

click on the film roll "insert video" next to the "insert image" right above.

place your link into the "insert video clip" and hit "ok".
    Thanks Hawaiian. Probably never would have linked the 2 together.
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU

Starter

User Info Menu

B/R NFL Scouting Dept. 2021 NFL Draft Big Board 1.0 | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2932007-br-nfl-scouting-dept-2021-nfl-draft-big-board-10)

B/R NFL Scouting Dept. 2021 NFL Draft Big Board 1.0 | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2932007-br-nfl-scouting-dept-2021-nfl-draft-big-board-10)

1. 13. Teven Jenkins, OT. Oklahoma State (8.5)
      14. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB. Notre Dame (8.5)
      15. Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern (8.4)
      16. Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama (8.4)
      17. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama (8.4)
      18. Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech (8.3)
      19. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State (8.3)
      20. Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU (8.3)
      21. Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech (8.2)
      22. Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (8.2)
      23. Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU (8.05)
      24. Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame (8.0)
      25. Creed Humphrey, IOL, Oklahoma (8.0)
    What's this? You rip Walter Football ( Probably the best of the bunch ) And Drafttex, but gravitate towards the" bleacher report " Jenkins isn't going anywhere near what they are saying! I see a 2nd rounder type, but we wait for the workout numbers where I suspect his lack of agility will be highlighted or perhaps he skip that drill, raising a red flag.

I'll spare ya where Walter Football puts the Oklahoma boys, on second thought to make it easy, pick #56 and #93! A bit of a contrast from Bleacher report. Walter isn't buying the hype from Wilson either.

https://walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    What's this? You rip Walter Football ( Probably the best of the bunch ) And Drafttex, but gravitate towards the" bleacher report " Jenkins isn't going anywhere near what they are saying! I see a 2nd rounder type, but we wait for the workout numbers where I suspect his lack of agility will be highlighted or perhaps he skip that drill, raising a red flag.

I'll spare ya where Walter Football puts the Oklahoma boys, on second thought to make it easy, pick #56 and #93! A bit of a contrast from Bleacher report. Walter isn't buying the hype from Wilson either.

It seems to me that this year would have more variation in evaluations (i.e. less consensus) than other years because teams played less than usual and there seems to be less opportunity to do things like the combine and / or pro days.

Do you think that's the case too? Or do you think that publicly available draft sources like this usually have very different rankings of the same players like this? I would expect that normal years generally have more consensus toward the top of the draft and then more variation in later rounds.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It seems to me that this year would have more variation in evaluations (i.e. less consensus) than other years because teams played less than usual and there seems to be less opportunity to do things like the combine and / or pro days.

Do you think that's the case too? Or do you think that publicly available draft sources like this usually have very different rankings of the same players like this? I would expect that normal years generally have more consensus toward the top of the draft and then more variation in later rounds.
    20 years age, the combine, 3rd party data on performances, campus workouts, FBI like character reports, the senior bowl week participation and the amount of media coverage is far less than it is today.

Today there are far more draft websites, heck the internet for the masses is barely 25 years old. This is why you get so many variations, and IMO most of these web sites aren't very good, with one exception being Walter Football because they have been doing it so long and they are connected to scouts and update their stuff weekly. They make plenty of mistakes too, and IMO were underselling Mac Jones and N. Harris. That might change a bit come the week before the draft.

I think the talent can come from anywhere, however if you have a guy feasting on what I call weaker competition, he needs to prove it in the senior bowl , or work out better than his peers. For example, what would N Harris do at Miami of Ohio?! He's look something like Jim Brown would be by reply. See my point?

Take Ben for example. Back in his day coming out, QB's his size, with his arm, and his mobility were very rare, check that basically unheard of. The passing skills were there. He did it on film, making the type of NFL throws that check the box. The Steelers obviously wanted him because they selected him. I wanted him. The upside was amazing. His last name wasn't Manning, and Rivers, another very good prospect who showed in the senior bowl were in front of him. So we lucked out by selecting him. Oh were the Steelers lucky in hindsight.

The art of the draft to me is matching value with need, paying close attention to film and workout numbers. On the workout numbers, there is such a thing as NFL minimums, and if amount of players are certain positions these numbers can not be too far below their peers as data will show if their chances for success are less. You also need to factor in the depth of each position, and when it's ideal to pick that position. For example. This is a good tackle class. Probably 8-12 will be selected before round three starts, so teams can match value with need in round one or round two. After round two, nearly everyone if a given round has about the same grade. Here's where I'd go for more for BPA, matching, scheme, need, and upside.

The NFL I think is changing. Due to the cap, and Diva QB's, you better be very careful giving out that 2nd or 3rd contract, and IMO if you QB is middle of the road by year 4-5, draft a new one rather than pay a player like Prescott or Cousins market value. We are set to give Ben something like 22-27 million ( who will retire soon ) at a time when our playoff chances are as low as they have been in year 10 years. IMO, he's no longer worth that amount and I'd rather draft a guy making a fraction of that number and retain some free agents, and add others to rebuild the team.

This is where a really good owner matters. I don't think Art II can were his father shoes. Ben has him and Tomlin by the you know what. Start the rebuild now, don't wait for it.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 03-03-2021 at 09:20 AM.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post

Lets see. On one hand we have the Bleacher Report (net worth $175 million) on the other hand we have Walter Cheperinsky (lives in his moms basement). Please stop your nonsense, When I used to go to the combine there was a running joke. Anyone see Walter today? 'Where's Waldo? er i mean Walter?" Guess what. No one ever saw Walter in Indy. Or at the Senior Bowl, or pro days or anywhere else!!!

3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU

Starter

User Info Menu

Lets see. On one hand we have the Bleacher Report (net worth $175 million) on the other hand we have Walter Cheperinsky (lives in his moms basement). Please stop your nonsense, When I used to go to the combine there was a running joke. Anyone see Walter today? 'Where's Waldo? er i mean Walter?" Guess what. No one ever saw Walter in Indy. Or at the Senior Bowl, or pro days or anywhere else!!!
    And the Bleacher report is newer and focuses on media as a whole. Turner owns them . By placing Jenkins at #13, they look like newbies, whomever wrote that. I'll wager you he doses not go in the top 13, and easily win. You'll likely agree with me, because you have him at 34, which I still think is a little high

Walter Football is older and about football. Going to the combine means what? You get a better view from television, let's be real and the entire things by prospect is on the web. The web site does offer updates from the Senior Bowl if you bother to read it, and like I said quotes scouts and teams.

I could care less if Walter is fat and with glasses living in his parents basement with Ravens banner pinned to the wall. IMO his web sites on the NFL draft is one of the best out there. Better than the Bleacher report.

2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Legend

User Info Menu

And the winner is:

Walterfootball.com Website Analysis (Review)

Walterfootball.com has 17,469 daily visitors and has the potential to earn up to 2,096 USD per month by showing ads. See traffic statistics for more information.

Hosted on IP address 104.25.199.118 in San Francisco, United States.

You can find similar websites and websites using the same design template.

Walterfootball.com has an estimated worth of 75,466 USD.

Bleacherreport.com Website Analysis (Review)

Bleacherreport.com has 957,592 daily visitors and has the potential to earn up to 114,911 USD per month by showing ads. See traffic statistics for more information.

Hosted on IP address 23.21.72.153 in Ashburn, United States.

Bleacherreport.com has an estimated worth of 4,136,799 USD.

Profootballfocus.com Website Analysis (Review)

Profootballfocus.com has 54,154 daily visitors and has the potential to earn up to 6,499 USD per month by showing ads. See traffic statistics for more information.

Hosted on IP address 104.20.3.148 in San Francisco, United States.

Profootballfocus.com has an estimated worth of 233,947 USD.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks Hawaiian. Probably never would have linked the 2 together.
    It is understandable. Not real intuative for a newby like yourself.
    Its been only like TWELVE YEARS that you have been on this forum.

Having been here a WHOLE YEAR longer than you has given me and Hawaiian the time to get this thing figured out.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-03-2021 at 08:37 PM.