Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Getting to know 2021 Steelers draft prospect Teven Jenkins with SKL

  1. #11
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    I would be okay with this pick if Jones and Harris are off the board, AND his combine workouts indicate he can play Right Tackle. He's not a Left Tackle. He could play Guard in the NFL is his feet are iffy for tackle, and then you have to ask your self, do you want to spend a 1st round pick on a Guard? Only if you think he's the next Faneca or DeCastro is my reply.

    I want to see his cone, shuttle and arm length. I wish this guy proved it at the senior bowl.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 02-09-2021 at 04:28 PM.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

    1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I don't get to wrapped up with what media personalities have to say in regards to talent evaluation. I prefer to do my own work and trust my eyes. I did see that Daniel Jeremiah (I respect him because he's actually done the work in the NFL) also has Jenkins going to the Steelers at 1/24. Jenkins will be an NFL starting tackle. And in my opinion a pretty good one.
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

    1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Josh Kaindoh-Edge-FSU
    4/140) Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA. Trade up for a QB





  3. #13
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I don't get to wrapped up with what media personalities have to say in regards to talent evaluation. I prefer to do my own work and trust my eyes. I did see that Daniel Jeremiah (I respect him because he's actually done the work in the NFL) also has Jenkins going to the Steelers at 1/24. Jenkins will be an NFL starting tackle. And in my opinion a pretty good one.
    I pretty much ignore Mel Kiper ( Though I meet him and he was an engaging guy ). Mayock, before he loved everybody used to be solid. Walter Football by media standards is good.

    I also dislike picking guys before they work out, and generally view completion level played as important. Jenkins needs to work out well. Sorry--Not a fan of Big 12 defenses. If he doesn't move well enough we could be talking about a guard. We don't need an NFL tackle. We need a tackle better than Chucks, or to replace Big Al.

    I ponder cutting Ebron ( or trading for him if anyone will offer something ) , and picking up a blocking TE who can also catch a bit ( Tommy Tremble ). While the OL needs work at OT, and C, this receiver playing TE who drops his share is part of the problem with the running game.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

    1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I pretty much ignore Mel Kiper ( Though I meet him and he was an engaging guy ). Mayock, before he loved everybody used to be solid. Walter Football by media standards is good.

    I also dislike picking guys before they work out, and generally view completion level played as important. Jenkins needs to work out well. Sorry--Not a fan of Big 12 defenses. If he doesn't move well enough we could be talking about a guard. We don't need an NFL tackle. We need a tackle better than Chucks, or to replace Big Al.

    I ponder cutting Ebron ( or trading for him if anyone will offer something ) , and picking up a blocking TE who can also catch a bit ( Tommy Tremble ). While the OL needs work at OT, and C, this receiver playing TE who drops his share is part of the problem with the running game.
    What if I told you that workouts are only done to confirm what the scouts see on game tape? 90% of the evaluation is game play. Only if the front office sees something at the workout that doesn't jive with the scouts evaluation do they then look at why and go back for more tape work. Nothing will be be shown at his workout other than medical or character that will change anything. How many teams knocked Orlando Brown for his 40 time and bench press? Huge mistake!!! 2x pro bowler. Get off the fact that he didn't play in the Senior Bowl. He was invited. The dude was a stud last year. Again, look at his tape vs. Joseph Ossai from Texas. Dude practically walked him out of the stadium.
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

    1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Josh Kaindoh-Edge-FSU
    4/140) Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA. Trade up for a QB





  5. #15
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    He'd be RT and own that spot for years. Would be interesting to see last year's RT battle happen at LT this year.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2021 Mock Draft
    1. Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri
    2. Walker Little, OT, Stanford
    3.
    Alim McNeill, NT, NC State
    4a.
    Trey Hill, G/C Georgia
    4b.
    Chris Evans, RB Michigan

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I don't get to wrapped up with what media personalities have to say in regards to talent evaluation. I prefer to do my own work and trust my eyes. I did see that Daniel Jeremiah (I respect him because he's actually done the work in the NFL) also has Jenkins going to the Steelers at 1/24. Jenkins will be an NFL starting tackle. And in my opinion a pretty good one.
    Saw another site had him as the Steelers pick and was comparing him favorably to Rob Havenstein. THAT would be a great pickup for the Steelers.

  7. #17
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    What if I told you that workouts are only done to confirm what the scouts see on game tape? 90% of the evaluation is game play. Only if the front office sees something at the workout that doesn't jive with the scouts evaluation do they then look at why and go back for more tape work. Nothing will be be shown at his workout other than medical or character that will change anything. How many teams knocked Orlando Brown for his 40 time and bench press? Huge mistake!!! 2x pro bowler. Get off the fact that he didn't play in the Senior Bowl. He was invited. The dude was a stud last year. Again, look at his tape vs. Joseph Ossai from Texas. Dude practically walked him out of the stadium.
    I guess I'm a believer that competition played matters. I agree game tape matters the most but who you do it against matters a lot too which is why which I wish Jenkins played at the senior bowl. Show me you can block a sub par group of edge rushers....he didn't for a reason. Now I want to see his shuttle, cone, and 10 yard split, and I suspect they are below par.

    Brown was 6'8, 250 pounds with 35 arms. The reason he was picked in round 3 was his workout sucked, but he did go at a team that plays to his strengths. I disagree. The combine matters a bit more than teams admit. After all they have it every year for a reason. A really good workout can skyrocket a player. The opposite is also true, a bad workout can sink a player. I view opt outs in any drill as suspect, as their agent is too smart and says this drill will expose red flags.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

    1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I guess I'm a believer that competition played matters. I agree game tape matters the most but who you do it against matters a lot too which is why which I wish Jenkins played at the senior bowl. Show me you can block a sub par group of edge rushers....he didn't for a reason. Now I want to see his shuttle, cone, and 10 yard split, and I suspect they are below par.

    Brown was 6'8, 250 pounds with 35 arms. The reason he was picked in round 3 was his workout sucked, but he did go at a team that plays to his strengths. I disagree. The combine matters a bit more than teams admit. After all they have it every year for a reason. A really good workout can skyrocket a player. The opposite is also true, a bad workout can sink a player. I view opt outs in any drill as suspect, as their agent is too smart and says this drill will expose red flags.
    I'd say it's a good thing the Steelers didn't pass on Ben because he whipped up on Bowling Green and not Clemson. Teven Jenkins played at an elite level in a Power 5 conference for 2 years. He will be drafted accordingly. No matter what his shuttle cone is. As far as them being below par. I'm sure they will be in line with many of the other first round OL of the past 10 years. Will they be off the charts? Probably not. Will they be comparable to many guys who went on to be Pro Bowl caliber players. Most likely. The combine was started before NFL teams had the game tape, scouting staffs and resources that they have today. Mostly GM's are there to interview prospects all in one place. Check character and medicals. If for some reason a player shows something at the combine they didn't on tape. Then and only then is more work done. At least thats how it works in most successful teams front offices. The combine has become a media event and ratings boon for the NFL coffers.
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

    1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Josh Kaindoh-Edge-FSU
    4/140) Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA. Trade up for a QB





  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    There is an NFL contingent that believe the combine is best used as a threshold or screening event. Players need to meet certain minimums to be considered NFL caliber. As a threshold evaluation a player doesn't have to have the best metrics, only need to meet minimums. An example is the 20 yd shuttle for OL where a study showed that an OL that hits 4.47 sec. or better in the shuttle has a high probability of being very successful. But an unusually high score doesn't necessarily mean he will have an unusually good career. So combine scores are best used to confirm what they already know on player rankings based on the team's film study.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 03-01-2021 at 08:42 AM.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    B/R NFL Scouting Dept. 2021 NFL Draft Big Board 1.0 | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2932007-br-nfl-scouting-dept-2021-nfl-draft-big-board-10)


    B/R NFL Scouting Dept. 2021 NFL Draft Big Board 1.0 | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2932007-br-nfl-scouting-dept-2021-nfl-draft-big-board-10)



    1. 13. Teven Jenkins, OT. Oklahoma State (8.5)
      14. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB. Notre Dame (8.5)
      15. Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern (8.4)
      16. Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama (8.4)
      17. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama (8.4)
      18. Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech (8.3)
      19. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State (8.3)
      20. Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU (8.3)
      21. Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech (8.2)
      22. Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (8.2)
      23. Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU (8.05)
      24. Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame (8.0)
      25. Creed Humphrey, IOL, Oklahoma (8.0)
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 03-02-2021 at 04:03 PM.
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

    1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Josh Kaindoh-Edge-FSU
    4/140) Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA. Trade up for a QB





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •