Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Know what i heard about Kordell Stewart?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Know what i heard about Kordell Stewart?

Long article but interesting and worth the read. I had moved away from Pgh by the time his happened but certainly heard about all about it. Black eye for the city. What was it like if you were still living there? The twitter rumor before there was twitter. Crazy thing, it was easily debunked with a single phone call.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/know-he...135707436.html

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That was a nice read from Kordell. I always wondered what the story was. Surprised he waited this long to write that.

So incredibly sad that one hateful person can start a rumor that spreads like wildfire. That must have been incredibly difficult thing for him to deal with. He seems like a genuinely great person with no hate in his heart. It's too bad that the person(s) who started the rumor weren't named and shamed for it. But as Kordell said, there were people who wanted to hate him.

As an aside - funny that even Rooney told him he'd be in the Hall of Fame if he had moved to receiver.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Terrible rumor and showed how terrible fans can be when it comes to players.

These are human beings. You may not like them or the way they play the game but trying to destroy their lives is beyond evil.

Its a game.. the hell is wrong with people?
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What Ben has been accused of is way worse than what Kordell was rumored to be doing yet Ben’s reputation in Pittsburgh seems to have survived for the most part.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Too bad for kordell.
    Shows how the media can make up stories and fool people . This was just a single football player, look how they affected something much more important like the election.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Too bad for kordell.
    Shows how the media can make up stories and fool people . This was just a single football player, look how they affected something much more important like the election.
    Where is Q??? lmao

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    What Ben has been accused of is way worse than what Kordell was rumored to be doing yet Ben’s reputation in Pittsburgh seems to have survived for the most part.
    Rings have a way of shielding you from a lot of negative press. If Kordell won a
    SB in 2001.. the city would’ve treated him a little better..

just a little

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One thing that stands out about what Kordell said..

“Its east for people to believe what they want when they dont like you”

I had a convo with someone who likes Tom Brady and doesn’t like Cam Newton. He said it was because of the way Cam carried himself after losing the SB.

I reminded him that Tom Brady is also a soar loser and usually runs off the field and doesn’t shake hands when he loses. He never thought about that because he always liked Brady and never liked Cam.

Its one thing to not like a person because of the way they play the game.. but when you don’t like someone because of how they look or “carry themselves” its really about your bias and not the player.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    One thing that stands out about what Kordell said..

“Its east for people to believe what they want when they dont like you”

I had a convo with someone who likes Tom Brady and doesn’t like Cam Newton. He said it was because of the way Cam carried himself after losing the SB.

I reminded him that Tom Brady is also a soar loser and usually runs off the field and doesn’t shake hands when he loses. He never thought about that because he always liked Brady and never liked Cam.

Its one thing to not like a person because of the way they play the game.. but when you don’t like someone because of how they look or “carry themselves” its really about your bias and not the player.

Naw. In the Super Bowl Cam Newton had a chance to jump on a fumble. He pulled away from it and he could have had it. I bet Brady would have jumped for the ball.

Newton isn't a bad guy, but he had some character issues and said some really stupid things about women and football.

Anyway this is Kodrell's take. I do not recall. Did his agent defending him on this topic? Why did the Steelers make this an issue? Could have been true, or he could have been bi. I don't care as long as he didn't hurt anyone. I wanted a winning quarterback capable of taking the Steelers to the super bowl. That wasn't Kordell as the 3 interception and 1 fumble lost vs the Broncos showed in the AFC champions game.
    The Steelers must do well in the 2021 and 2022 draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Naw. In the Super Bowl Cam Newton had a chance to jump on a fumble. He pulled away from it and he could have had it. I bet Brady would have jumped for the ball.

Newton isn't a bad guy, but he had some character issues and said some really stupid things about women and football.

Anyway this is Kodrell's take. I do not recall. Did his agent defending him on this topic? Why did the Steelers make this an issue? Could have been true, or he could have been bi. I don't care as long as he didn't hurt anyone. I wanted a winning quarterback capable of taking the Steelers to the super bowl. That wasn't Kordell as the 3 interception and 1 fumble lost vs the Broncos showed in the AFC champions game.
    Agreed. Strange that if the story wasn’t true, why wouldn’t korkie, his agent and the Rooney’s make it blatantly obvious that it was a lie?
    How hard would it be to go on espn(etc.), put articles in the paper and such?
    Seems like you could have easily proven your non involvement by showing there was no police report, no arrest, no bail etc etc.
    If he was indeed at home with a girl, she also could have been interviewed to defend him.
    Seems crazy that if he didn’t do this and it was literally tearing him apart mentally, someone should have stepped up to make it right.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.