Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers reportedly name Mike Sullivan their quarterbacks coach

Legend

User Info Menu

I don’t know too much about him. Which types of QB has he developed in the past? How similar are they to our young QB’s?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I don’t know too much about him. Which types of QB has he developed in the past? How similar are they to our young QB’s?
    This.

Glad that we have a QB coach and aren't choosing not to have one again.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

His experience relative to the job looks good as he was an OC before and on a Super Bowl winning team. However the failed to develop either Jones ( at NY ) or Lock ( Denver ). I say he's deserves a welcome and is far more qualified that our current OC or OL coach.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

terrible pick...what were the Steelers thinking?! Dude is 54 yrs old. What does he know about coaching the new breed of QBs?

Legend

User Info Menu

sounds like a no nonsense kind of guy:

From Wikipedia:

Sullivan is a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He also graduated from U.S. Army Ranger School. He is a 1989 graduate of the United States Military Academy
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    terrible pick...what were the Steelers thinking?! Dude is 54 yrs old. What does he know about coaching the new breed of QBs?

Who else was out there who would have taken this job? I think that's a fair question to ask. I also do not think 54 is tool old, and never underrated West Point Grads.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They aren't happy unless they are unhappy. Complain about hiring internally and not happy with an external hire.
    Not sure I have heard a negative comment or complaining about this hire. Maybe I missed the post. Can you show the thread of where all the complaining about this guy is?
    Thanks.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    It’s good too see you back Chadman, always nice to hear your perspective.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Not sure I have heard a negative comment or complaining about this hire. Maybe I missed the post. Can you show the thread of where all the complaining about this guy is?
    Thanks.
    He doesn’t have one. He Makes up stuff just to attack posters who don’t share his views.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90’s held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He doesn’t have one. He Makes up stuff just to attack posters who don’t share his views.
    you're such a coward.

you say this to Ovi but don't have the intestinal fortitude to see his reply to you because you have him on ignore.

you need to grow a set.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.