Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    It’s refreshing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Reminds me of a Dylan song...something about times a changin'

Legend

User Info Menu

We have an opportunity to watch the great rivalry of Mahomes/ Allen / Burrow for the next decade.

Brady/ Manning
    Mahomes/ Allen
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90’s held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

For those wanting Rodgers as a solution to the offense which FA are you willing to give up to get him? Fitz? Juju? Haden? Witherspoon? Edmunds? Or how about a top FA OL the Steelers won't be able to sign? Add Rodgers potential cap hit of $45M+ the Steelers would be spending $60M+ at the QB position. Rooney wouldn't bring Roethlisberger back on a cap hit of $40M, hardly believe he would ok Rodgers at $40M+.

Notice anything about the QBs still playing? Garopalo has the highest cap hit at $26M. Cheap good QBs make a difference.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We have an opportunity to watch the great rivalry of Mahomes/ Allen / Burrow for the next decade.

Brady/ Manning
    Mahomes/ Allen
    I just wish that these good young QBs were in the NFC and not our conference.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    For those wanting Rodgers as a solution to the offense which FA are you willing to give up to get him? Fitz? Juju? Haden? Witherspoon? Edmunds? Or how about a top FA OL the Steelers won't be able to sign? Add Rodgers potential cap hit of $45M+ the Steelers would be spending $60M+ at the QB position. Rooney wouldn't bring Roethlisberger back on a cap hit of $40M, hardly believe he would ok Rodgers at $40M+.

Notice anything about the QBs still playing? Garopalo has the highest cap hit at $26M. Cheap good QBs make a difference.
    And even if you come to terms with the cap ramifications and opportunity costs of not fixing the OL (or whatever else we use the cap space for)...It doesn't make any sense to trade the draft capital either.

If he was a UFA, I'd think about it (although why he would chose coming to a team with an OL like ours I don't know). But his trade value will be very, very high. And we need the draft picks to build the team.

It is encouraging that cheap QBs are progressing through the playoffs. I think that means that if we get a guy that's good we can do some damage...even if he's not great (i.e. Jimmy G).

Backup

User Info Menu

No........just no.

Legend

User Info Menu

In a nutshell.

This current team + Aaron Rodgers is not a contender.

By the time this team can be a contender, Aaron Rodgers no longer an elite QB.

All the while tying up valuable cap space and trading draft picks, which will move the target date of contention further back.