Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canada+Haskins...Is this the plan?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I watched Herbert a little bit in college and he never looked like that.. lol

Its like Dak in Dallas. I remember Dak and he damn sure didnít play that well.

Maybe it was the lack of talent around them at the time.
    In this draft that is Trey Lance for ND State. Guy had no real skill position talent around him and lit it up

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    In this draft that is Trey Lance for ND State. Guy had no real skill position talent around him and lit it up
    I keep hearing his name.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    A future contract has no contract details per say. It only means no other team can sign him. I am sure they have a deal in place with his agent but the terms can't be announced till after the league year starts
    That's interesting.

I thought it was reported to be a 1 year deal.

I think I'd rather it were longer so that (1) we have some QB under contract past next season and (2) we'd still have him pretty cheap if he developed into something.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If hired, could the hiring of Hamilton mean we are definitely going QB hunting in the draft?
    I hope this is not the case.

Sounds like a recipe for reaching on a player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I keep hearing his name.
    some mocks have him going to the Lions. in fact one mock had 4 QBs taken in the top 10. Steelers won't have a chance unless they give away the farm.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    That's interesting.

I thought it was reported to be a 1 year deal.

I think I'd rather it were longer so that (1) we have some QB under contract past next season and (2) we'd still have him pretty cheap if he developed into something.
    It was reported to be a one year deal. And Canada was reported as the next Steelers OC....

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Lance is best picked by a team that plans to replace their QB in 2-3 years. He's raw, and needs play action often ( Which we don't call ) to go deep where his receiver beats a tier 3 DB that won't be invited to any NFL team. Watch his clips and you'll see. While the arm is impressive, his skill set needs lots of work. While he can run vs his college competition, he's nothing special in this department vs NFL players. Pressed into early action, he'll flop.

I view him as a poor mans Cam Newton,which really means some team will make him the next Richie Rich come draft time. The kid is only 20, and played just one game this year completing 50% of passes thrown and throwing a pick. Not a good outing. He has only started 17 games. IMO he should have stayed in school for another year. I'd love him in round three. No sooner, but he'll go much sooner.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 01-23-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It was reported to be a one year deal. And Canada was reported as the next Steelers OC....
    Why can't we get official numbers and the amounts?
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 01-23-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Thanks.

Sometimes I forget that it's OK for reporters to just make **** up. Right there in the AP handbook (I assume):

"If it's a slow news day and you need to hit a deadline (or maybe you're just being lazy). Just make something up! Be sure to credit some vague source who must remain anonymous. Everyone knows that journalistic integrity depends on not giving up anonymous sources. Everyone would lose faith in the profession as a whole if you did that...Now back to how to totally fabricate stories."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Why can't we get official numbers and the amounts?
    Maybe the decisions haven't officially happened yet?

I think they're leaning toward Canada, but if they haven't signed yet there's nothing to report.

And maybe they haven't hammered all the contract details out about Haskins? It seems like contract details sometimes take a while to come out. Maybe it's something about futures contracts since I don't think they actually take effect until the league year starts?