Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canada+Haskins...Is this the plan?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    All that means is the Steelers own his rights. It does not dictate the length or value of future contract.
    so if Haskins were to make the team would he have to then sign another contract?
    Steelers Mock Draft: trade with Philadelphia 1(24) for 2(37) and 3(69)
    2(37) Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma
    2(55) Javonte Williams RB N Carolina
    3(69) Hunter Long TE Boston College
    3(87) James Hudson OT Cincinnati
    4a. Tedarrell Slaton DT Florida
    4(comp) Kary Vincent Jr. CB LSU
    6a. Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
    6(comp) Erroll Thompson ILB Miss St
    7a. Malcolm Koonce OLB Buffalo
    7b. James Wiggins S Cincinnati

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so if Haskins were to make the team would he have to then sign another contract?
    A future contract has no contract details per say. It only means no other team can sign him. I am sure they have a deal in place with his agent but the terms can't be announced till after the league year starts
    2021 Draft Trade 1/24, 6/192, 6c, 7/210, 7/219 and 2022 4th to the Jets for 2/34, 3/66, 5/132

2/34-Teven Jenkins-OT-Ok St.
    2/55-Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/66-Joe Tryon-OLB-Wash.
    3/88-Rhamondre Stevenson-RB-OU
    4/119-Alaric Jackson-OL-Iowa
    4/C-Camryn Bynum-DB-Cal
    5/132-Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

To his defense he was the QB coach not the OC. This hire would not excite me though.
    oh, well now Iím excited. Herbert definitely balled out.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    oh, well now I’m excited. Herbert definitely balled out.
    this last QB class was *that good* coming in.... i'm even intrigued by Jacob Eason, Colts' mid-round pick. Dude had a live arm.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2021 Mock Draft
    1. Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas
    2. Javone Williams, RB, UNC
    3. Pete Werner, ILB, OSU
    4a. TBD
    4b. TBD

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    From what i know about Haskins, even at his best, he isn't good without a "clean pocket". He can make all the throws, but his brain craps itself when he gets pressure and/or has to move.

If he can get his head right both on and off the field (which is a big challenge for a young guy) he could be solid. I feel like if he can hang around the league, he'll be one of those guys who is finally a good player once he gets to his upper 20's and matures...
    But can he? His 20+yd passing was beyond terrible this season (3 comp/24 atts) and not good last season (8 comp/24 atts). His completion rate in the 10-20 yds range puts him in the company of Darnold and Mariota.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think the Steelers are "planning" or counting on anything with Haskins. At this point he is a lottery ticket. I want to see the contract length. My guess is a 2 year deal. That way we have a #2 QB in 2022 if we let MR walk after 2021.
    Was just going to post the same thing. I don't think that you can use the words Haskins and plan together. Haskins is more of a low-risk prayer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    this last QB class was *that good* coming in.... i'm even intrigued by Jacob Eason, Colts' mid-round pick. Dude had a live arm.
    I watched Herbert a little bit in college and he never looked like that.. lol

Its like Dak in Dallas. I remember Dak and he damn sure didn’t play that well.

Maybe it was the lack of talent around them at the time.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Is he an athlete? Can he run an RPO offense? If he can, I'd try and create a kick ass running game with him as a key component in the running game, which would then make passing easier because defenses would have to defend the run as well as the pass on 3rd and 5 or less. If he isn't a good enough athlete to do that, then he may be a good #3 for a year and then #2 behind MR.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.24 Jaylen Mayfield - OT, Michigan
    2.56 Creed Humphrey - C, Oklahoma
    3.87 Hunter Long - TE, Boston College

Legend

User Info Menu

Hamilton was instrumental in developing retired Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and rookie quarterback Justin Herbert in Los Angeles

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Hamilton was instrumental in developing retired Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and rookie quarterback Justin Herbert in Los Angeles
    If hired, could the hiring of Hamilton mean we are definitely going QB hunting in the draft?
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches