Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vance McDonald has retired

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Vance McDonald has retired

Didn't see that coming.
    2021 Draft Trade 1/24, 6/192, 6c, 7/210, 7/219 and 2022 4th to the Jets for 2/34, 3/66, 5/132

2/34-Teven Jenkins-OT-Ok St.
    2/55-Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/66-Joe Tryon-OLB-Wash.
    3/88-Rhamondre Stevenson-RB-OU
    4/119-Alaric Jackson-OL-Iowa
    4/C-Camryn Bynum-DB-Cal
    5/132-Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana

Legend

User Info Menu

Me neither. I guess Ebron isn't going anywhere nor do I think he should

Vance always struck me as one of the guys who didn't need football, but was using it as a step in his life plan. Wish him the best

I wouldn't be surprised if AV also took this route

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This will be an off-season of change.

All I know is McDonald’s stiff arm on Monday Night Football a couple of seasons ago in TB was sick!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

wow. didn't see that coming. saves the team having to cut him, although it nets out the same.. there's some $5mil savings....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2021 Mock Draft
    1. Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas
    2. Javone Williams, RB, UNC
    3. Pete Werner, ILB, OSU
    4a. TBD
    4b. TBD

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

McDonald is also Steelers nominee for the 2020 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award. Every NFL team names a Man of the Year nominee, and they are eligible to be the NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year, presented by Nationwide. The award recognizes a player's off-the-field community service, as well as his playing excellence. And McDonald definitely scores in those areas.

Through his work with Convoy of Hope, McDonald and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger started the Trucks of Hope campaign, with the mission of the campaign to bring individual trucks full of nonperishable food, PPE and cleaning supplies for 1,000 families in Allegheny, Butler and Westmoreland County in the Western Pa. region. Among those they worked with were the United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania, who distributed the items to agencies they work with throughout the region.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    i could see that, too... maybe with a little influence by the team...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2021 Mock Draft
    1. Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas
    2. Javone Williams, RB, UNC
    3. Pete Werner, ILB, OSU
    4a. TBD
    4b. TBD

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Whoa.. I didn’t expect that but not surprised. He always seemed to be dinged up and outside of that brutal stiff arm he really never lived up to the hype.

Always best to move on when your body is telling you its had enough.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Me neither. I guess Ebron isn't going anywhere nor do I think he should

Vance always struck me as one of the guys who didn't need football, but was using it as a step in his life plan. Wish him the best

not sure why people want to move on from Ebron. I thought he played well. I always expected a few drops but he had less than I expected his first year.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    McDonald is also Steelers nominee for the 2020 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award. Every NFL team names a Man of the Year nominee, and they are eligible to be the NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year, presented by Nationwide. The award recognizes a player's off-the-field community service, as well as his playing excellence. And McDonald definitely scores in those areas.

Through his work with Convoy of Hope, McDonald and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger started the Trucks of Hope campaign, with the mission of the campaign to bring individual trucks full of nonperishable food, PPE and cleaning supplies for 1,000 families in Allegheny, Butler and Westmoreland County in the Western Pa. region. Among those they worked with were the United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania, who distributed the items to agencies they work with throughout the region.
    McDonald has been very active in the community. He’s one of the “good guys” that I enjoyed seeing representing our team.

Backup

User Info Menu

Good luck Vance, and thanks for freeing up cap space.