Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Pouncey really gone...should be

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Moats is really careful not to name names in this video. He seems to be saying that he thinks it would have been best to put Feiler at LG and Dotson at RG in the game against the Browns.
    Let's say that Moats was right here about the playoff lineup.

This is probably crazy, but what about cutting both Pouncey ($6.5M savings) and DD ($8.5M savings). I always think that Decastro is younger than he is (31).

Then the OL would be

(1st round rookie / cheap UFA) : Feiler (resigned) : (rookie / cheap UFA) : Dotson : Chucks

Or maybe if we can resign both Feiler and Banner, we put banner at RT (job he won this year) and then Chucks becomes the swing tackle (or LT over scrub if we can't draft one that we think can play?).

Not super happy with this. But it's a cheap line that we can hopefully improve on through the draft. Probably not a good line though (barring some excellent drafting).

But if Decastro was bad this season (I can't really judge OL play except by results because I don't understand it enough), is the cap savings worth it?

For the record, I don't think this happens and he plays out his contract or maybe does something to lower the cap hit this year.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 01-18-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    If the Steelers don't ax Pouncey and Decastro, then Tomlin is all lip service. Your can't expect the results to be different without doing both.
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Albert Einstein.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can he play center? (Anymore)

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again
    you mean like your posts?
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin has always been a bunch of lip service. Name another modern day coach who could keep failing in the playoffs over and over again for a decade and keep his job? He’s all lip service
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin has always been a bunch of lip service. Name another modern day coach who could keep failing in the playoffs over and over again for a decade and keep his job? He’s all lip service
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you mean like your posts?
    lmao.. damn dude.

I laughed out loud.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lmao.. damn dude.

I laughed out loud.
    yea, gotta admit that one made me laugh.... thanks for the cheer up on a Monday

Legend

User Info Menu

2010 to 2020

Sean Payton is 5-7 in the playoffs..

Damn girl, that was too easy.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

All coaches are all lip service in PCs.

At least the successful ones are.

Media training teaches players and coaches how to not say anything when they're talking.