Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Odds of JJ joining JT and Derek in Pittsburgh are increasing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    No worries about JJ playing against his bros twice a season:
    ESPN is reporting JJ has received an offer between $15M-$16M per season. I think we can put this one to bed. JJ has said money will be one of the factors where he signs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    ESPN is reporting JJ has received an offer between $15M-$16M per season. I think we can put this one to bed. JJ has said money will be one of the factors where he signs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If he wants to play here, he’s worth 2mil
    Steel Maniac wanted to offer JJ Watt $2 million/year.

he has absolutely no clue.
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    If it is, the Steelers really screwed the pooch the years between Bradshaw and Ben.

Iím very happy Ben is coming back. Improve the OL/running game and I think you see a much improved offense.
    nah.. my theory is its easier now to find a good QB since teams are truly embracing shorter and more athletic QBís.

I also believe more QBís arenít waiting for 3 years at a chance to play for a powerhouse. Kids these days will go to a small school if they have the chance to start immediately plus ESPN shows a tom of games so coaches and scouts have more tape.

But franchises QBís will always be rare.

I definitely believe Cowher just wasnít all that interested in having a legit franchise QB. We all know he didnít want Ben once Rivers was gone.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah.. my theory is its easier now to find a good QB since teams are truly embracing shorter and more athletic QB’s.

I also believe more QB’s aren’t waiting for 3 years at a chance to play for a powerhouse. Kids these days will go to a small school if they have the chance to start immediately plus ESPN shows a tom of games so coaches and scouts have more tape.

But franchises QB’s will always be rare.

I definitely believe Cowher just wasn’t all that interested in having a legit franchise QB. We all know he didn’t want Ben once Rivers was gone.
    What franchise qbs did cowher pass on?
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    What franchise qbs did cowher pass on?
    Tom Brady and Drew Brees come to mind.
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida

Legend

User Info Menu

J.J. Watt signs with Cardinals

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 1, 2021

Amid widespread speculation about where free agent defensive lineman J.J. Watt will end up, Watt himself dropped the surprise announcement today: He’s a Cardinal.

Watt tweeted a picture of himself working out, wearing an Arizona Cardinals shirt.

In a not-so-subtle statement about some inaccurate rumors that have been floating around about Watt’s whereabouts, Watt made it clear who the news is coming from with two words: “Source: me.”

Watt is reportedly signing a two-year, $31 million contract with $23 million guaranteed.

The Cardinals got off to a good start last season but then fell short down the stretch, finishing 8-8 and out of the playoffs. Watt has indicated he wants to go somewhere he thinks he can win a Super Bowl. The Cardinals wouldn’t seem to be first on that list, but it does allow Watt to reunite with his old friend DeAndre Hopkins, who went from Houston to Arizona last year.

But Arizona will now be the home of one of the greatest defensive players in NFL history, and a player who hopes to show he has more left in the tank.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ith-cardinals/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    J.J. Watt signs with Cardinals

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 1, 2021

Amid widespread speculation about where free agent defensive lineman J.J. Watt will end up, Watt himself dropped the surprise announcement today: He’s a Cardinal.

Watt tweeted a picture of himself working out, wearing an Arizona Cardinals shirt.

In a not-so-subtle statement about some inaccurate rumors that have been floating around about Watt’s whereabouts, Watt made it clear who the news is coming from with two words: “Source: me.”

Watt is reportedly signing a two-year, $31 million contract with $23 million guaranteed.

The Cardinals got off to a good start last season but then fell short down the stretch, finishing 8-8 and out of the playoffs. Watt has indicated he wants to go somewhere he thinks he can win a Super Bowl. The Cardinals wouldn’t seem to be first on that list, but it does allow Watt to reunite with his old friend DeAndre Hopkins, who went from Houston to Arizona last year.

But Arizona will now be the home of one of the greatest defensive players in NFL history, and a player who hopes to show he has more left in the tank.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ith-cardinals/
    Translation: The Cardinals offered the most money.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And Ben Roethlisberger. Cowher was forced to choose Ben.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Cardinals land JJ Watt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LOL- nothing like being that Monday morning QB. Who knew?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion