Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Odds of JJ joining JT and Derek in Pittsburgh are increasing

Legend

User Info Menu

Odds of JJ joining JT and Derek in Pittsburgh are increasing

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/1/17/22235578/the-odds-of-j-j-watt-reuniting-with-his-brothers-in-pittsburgh-is-growing-steelers-tj-derek-texans
    JJ is done with Houston and wants out. The suggestion is he would take a team friendly contract to play with his brothers (since is off field income is very large). Much less than we would have to pay a rehabbing Bud Dupree. I like it!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Odds of JJ joining JT and Derek in Pittsburgh are increasing

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/1/17/22235578/the-odds-of-j-j-watt-reuniting-with-his-brothers-in-pittsburgh-is-growing-steelers-tj-derek-texans

JJ is done with Houston and wants out.

The suggestion is he would take a team friendly contract to play with his brothers (since is off field income is very large).

Much less than we would have to pay a rehabbing Bud Dupree. I like it!!! Rotation with Highsmith and lets the latter develop more
    Last edited by Oviedo; 01-17-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

btw, totally against this. Team needs to get younger, faster, stronger. Don't need a geriatric on the defense. Not the time to be sentimental with the changes that need made.

And besides there is this:

Alex Highsmith had a pass rush win rate of 24% as an edge rusher.

He didn't have enough plays to qualify for our leaderboard, but if he had, that would have ranked 7th…one spot ahead of Chase Young.

(ESPN/Next Gen Stats)

— Seth Walder (@SethWalder) January 15, 2021
    I'm about the future, JJ is about the past.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If he were brought in for depth at the right price then it would be a good deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    btw, totally against this. Team needs to get younger, faster, stronger. Don't need a geriatric on the defense. Not the time to be sentimental with the changes that need made.

Totally agree. No catering to a geriatric JJ Watt. We are trying to get management to stop catering to an “ on the way out” Big Ben.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

JJ wants to go to a contender. With what we have in the North and what the Steelers cap situation is, we might be picked to finish 3rd or 4th.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

??? Does JJ even play OLB in a 3-4? ???

What does this have to do with JJ as JJ is a DE...

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah. Let’s add more to the defense.

like we don’t need anything on the other side of the ball

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

JJ is done with Houston and wants out.

The suggestion is he would take a team friendly contract to play with his brothers (since is off field income is very large).

Much less than we would have to pay a rehabbing Bud Dupree. I like it!!! Rotation with Highsmith and lets the latter develop more
    I'm going to assume that "team friendly" doesn't mean "league minimum" and that this won't happen.