Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AV Out

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My favorite Steeler...A true Hero and great player also...Wish some of the younger players could have carried themselves like Big Al... You'll truly be missed!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is great news. He was terrible this year.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Now if we can just PLEASE get " Free Hernandez " to go...Snaps one into the end zone the FIRST play, to give Cleveland all the confidence in the World!...I could tell he worked hard on his craft with his 2 weeks off!

Legend

User Info Menu

The greatest thing about AV's time with the Steelers was that he stood by his principles the entire time. All the brouhaha over flaggate but he remained true to what his beliefs were. These days that's really hard to find.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great story, and thanks for his contributions.

Now it's time for a talent upgrade at the position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe they already have Chuks penciled in at LT & bringing back Banner for RT. I

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I believe they already have Chuks penciled in at LT & bringing back Banner for RT. I
    That's scary. My opinion Chuks faded badly in the last month. Can't imagine him going up against Garrett on the left two times a year. I would definitely target a tackle and center in the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This is great news. He was terrible this year.
    Still good in pass pro I think. For example, I don't think he gave up any sacks in 3 games against Garrett this year (Garrett had 1 sack in those 3 games, but I think it was not charged to AV because he moves around a bit...can't find a link though).

I think not good in run blocking (joining pretty much all OL on this team).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I think he's the only OT under contract ATM.

The line might get worse before it gets better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Dude got an MBA from my alma mater. I know how I busted my behind just to scrape through and graduate. Can't imagine playing football on top of that.

Really wish him the best if this turns out true.
    Now if we can just get some posters from MIT, Standford, Harvard, etc., I'll be posting on a forum of learned doctors and getting smarter by association. My mom would be so proud