Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its time to roll with Mason Rudolph

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its time to roll with Mason Rudolph

I see a few people on here shrug at his performance because it was agains the Browns..

But after Sunday night when you look back at the must win game for Cleveland and all the players we had out I think his performance should be elevated a bit.

Obviously Iím ready to move on, thanks for the memories Ben but unfortunately, time is not on your side.

Invest that money in the OL and skill positions and I think we could have a solid team in 2 years.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mason Rudolph as the starter with Josh Dobbs and Duck Hodges backing him up is the right formula that is needed to carry us back into the playoffs next season.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I see a few people on here shrug at his performance because it was agains the Browns..

But after Sunday night when you look back at the must win game for Cleveland and all the players we had out I think his performance should be elevated a bit.

Obviously Iím ready to move on, thanks for the memories Ben but unfortunately, time is not on your side.

Invest that money in the OL and skill positions and I think we could have a solid team in 2 years.
    What really pissed me off was Ben's unwillingness to jump on the ball after the Pouncey bad snap. If you're not going to play with any intensity then get the hell off the team. He's suppose to be the leader so it is no wonder we come out flat in the playoff games.

I

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Mason Rudolph as the starter with Josh Dobbs and Duck Hodges backing him up is the right formula that is needed to carry us back into the playoffs next season.
    that’s not happening next season.. but I think in 2 years we will be playoff bound.

We won’t need our QB to carry us though, just limit the turnovers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    What really pissed me off was Ben's unwillingness to jump on the ball after the Pouncey bad snap. If you're not going to play with any intensity then get the hell off the team. He's suppose to be the leader so it is no wonder we come out flat in the playoff games.

I
    He had a Cam Newton moment. Maybe he thought since Conner is younger he would jump on it.

That was so weird.

and I definitely think Ben doesn’t have that fire anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

I
    To me it confirmed what I've been saying and worrying about since they went to the short passing game. Ben is afraid (or not willing) to take a hit anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Obviously I’m ready to move on, thanks for the memories Ben but unfortunately, time is not on your side.

I agree, I'm ready to go with Rudolph for now. My plan would include bringing in another inexpensive, youngish QB with faded promise - a guy like Darnold, Mariota, Trubisky etc. Someone who was once thought to have promise, but for a cheap cost we bring him in and let him compete with Rudolph to start. If one of them steps up then that's great. If not then the investment is minimal and not going to handcuff the cap moving forward. build, build, build the line and if neither QB steps up then stay on the lookout.

Starter

User Info Menu

I think Ben is coming back, unless he is cut. If he does get cut we should give Mason a full chance to see what he can do. Dobbs is also a great change-up to be added into the mix. Hard to say on the Duck, but he has shown some moxie.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think many are ready to move on because they know what is in store with Roethlisberger next season (more of the same) while Rudolph is a sorta unknown with possible upside. How far is anyone's guess.

Regarding Roethlisberger not jumping on the ball...dunno. Did you watch him run to it? The guy's knees are cooked, they don't bend. And he also probably thought Conner had a better chance of handling it.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

In 2019 after Rudolph took that hit from that guy from the Ravens? He was done for the season. I mean done mentally
    I agree the Steelers will roll with him because he's cheap but we will be lucky to win 8 games.
    I think Rudolph is soft. How many blows to the head did Ben take in the early days and still keep going. He used to get punched in the face and just stuff paper up his nose.
    Last edited by "BuzzNuter"; 01-13-2021 at 01:34 PM.