Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Todd McShay 2021 Mock Draft: Steelers Select Alabama RB Najee Harris

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree 100%!
    yes, everyone acts like its one or the other.

I have no problem going OL in the first and RB in the second if the chips fall that way.

but if Harris is available at 24 we better take him. He’s the complete back. Get OL in round 2.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    What round was Antonio Gibson taken last year?
    What round was Johnathan Taylor taken last year?
    What round was dobbins taken last year?
    What round was AJ Dillion taken last year?

And that was just one year!!

What round was Kareem Hunt taken ?
    What round was Kamara taken?
    What round was Aaron Jones taken?

I could go on. But I rest my case.
    i want to upgrade the OL in a big way by taking 2 of them in the first 3 rounds.

but if harris is there, i don't see how they can pass him up.

you can go thru a list of good offensive lineman that don't get drafted in the 1st round.
    aside for LT, you'll likely find more guys who became good/great players on the OL then you listed at running back

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    do you honestly believe with an upgrade at OL we will have a good running game?

I donít.

I liked what I saw of McFarland at Maryland and hope he gels with Canada but IMO it wonít be enough.

Will be happy to be wrong tho and see Snell and McFarland prove me wrong.
    I think that upgrading the OL without the RB does upgrade the running game - as well as the passing game.

I think that adding a great RB without doing much on the line also upgrades both the running and passing game.

Given the option for one in theory and I go OL because it was already awful and two starters at least are lost. That being said, I am happy to see a combination of both - I am not against upgrading at RB. I am not familiar enough with college players to give a worthwhile opinion of what the combination of college players is that would benefit the team the most, but I do believe that OL is an absolute must.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yes, everyone acts like its one or the other.

I have no problem going OL in the first and RB in the second if the chips fall that way.

but if Harris is available at 24 we better take him. He’s the complete back. Get OL in round 2.
    I'm going to back off my hard-line stance a little. If we have a LT and a back similarly ranked...go Tackle.

If Harris is much higher ranked, and we see the talent drop at RB to be greater than tackle I won't hate the pick.

I take far greater issue paying premium money on the second deal than drafting the right back early.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; Yesterday at 08:46 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don’t think any of us really have any problem between the order of those two as long g as it’s those two.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I don’t think any of us really have any problem between the order of those two as long g as it’s those two.
    it can also be a center.

the only one on our roster right now is JC Hassenauer.
    Steelers Mock Draft: trade with Philadelphia 1(24) for 2(37) and 3(69)
    2(37) Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma
    2(55) Javonte Williams RB N Carolina
    3(69) Hunter Long TE Boston College
    3(87) James Hudson OT Cincinnati
    4a. Tedarrell Slaton DT Florida
    4(comp) Kary Vincent Jr. CB LSU
    6a. Austin Watkins WR UAB
    6(comp) Erroll Thompson ILB Miss St
    7a. Malcolm Koonce OLB Buffalo
    7b. James Wiggins S Cincinnati

Legend

User Info Menu

it can also be a center.

I just dropped a thread suggesting going after free agent Corey Linsley.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

it can also be a center.

A few Steelers beat writers agree the focus of FA and the draft will be RB, Center and Tackle in no particular order.

I believe the Steelers have ten picks. That’s a lot so I expect some maneuvering around during the draft.