Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Random too early post season moves

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Random too early post season moves

AS you can tell way tooo early, thus it looks so jittery, but I always like doing this ...

1) extend Ben, Pouncey, Decasto ( if you extend Ben you have to them) Haden possible VW moves could give us 20 M in cap space
    2) must re-sign Hilton, Alalulu,

2nd tier priorities: Spillane, I will even add McDonald ( and I am McDonald hater) Feiler ( RT/back up G) , Banner ( compete with Chucks as LT), Conner ( as vet min, back up, and 3rd down back) Can then draft OT in the 2nd or 1st and have can go get best RB or ILB ( pair with Bush) in draft.

there is a lot of valuable depth players who are up for resigning, especially at ILB and S.

3) possible cap cut moves:
    VW saves 3M ( I would prefer to extend)
    Hadden?
    Nelson?

Draft priorities: RB playmaker, OT long term, start developing and replacing Decastro and Pouncey, a 3rd OLB, an ILB to pair with Bush, that elusive 3rd S hybird-LB, and a develop WR. I gave up on drafting a TE!

players I want to keep include Sutton... Is he younger better than Nelson cheaper?
    Last edited by steeler_george; 01-05-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Man Alualu is a tough call. He has played really well this year. He's making 2.75 per which is okay. However he'll be 34 in May. To me that's a gamechanger. Don't see him coming back on a vet minimum type contract and someone with some big cap space I could see going a few years out so imho he will not be a Steeler in the fall.
    Sad for us although we may get a small comp pick if he signs elsewhere. But we do have a few young guys Buggs n perhaps Taylor (6'9 320+) who is on the PS waiting for their turn. Also some real good 0 tech's in this draft so we do have a few options and most of those options we can afford.

Legend

User Info Menu

i'm reading vince savings is 4M

dead cap figure is 3M

with bush back and a much cheaper spillane on the roster, thats a lot for VW

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

dead cap figure is 3M

I think Bince is a cap casualty unless he takes a big cut (which I never expect players to do)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw Omar Khan is interviewing for the Texans GM position. I’d hate to have to replace him and work the cap at the same time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I saw Omar Khan is interviewing for the Texans GM position. Id hate to have to replace him and work the cap at the same time.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Omar Khan has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Steelers Mock Draft: trade with Philadelphia 1(24) for 2(37) and 3(69)
    2(37) Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma
    2(55) Javonte Williams RB N Carolina
    3(69) Hunter Long TE Boston College
    3(87) James Hudson OT Cincinnati
    4a. Tedarrell Slaton DT Florida
    4(comp) Kary Vincent Jr. CB LSU
    6a. Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
    6(comp) Erroll Thompson ILB Miss St
    7a. Malcolm Koonce OLB Buffalo
    7b. James Wiggins S Cincinnati

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

dead cap figure is 3M

Bush is unlikely to be full speed until at least mid season. ILB will still be an issue next year

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Omar Khan has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    I don’t see your point. Khan is one of the best capologists in the league. He provides cap relief, coaches take care of the rest.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I don’t see your point. Khan is one of the best capologists in the league. He provides cap relief, coaches take care of the rest.
    I'm just mocking Steel Maniac's sig.
    Steelers Mock Draft: trade with Philadelphia 1(24) for 2(37) and 3(69)
    2(37) Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma
    2(55) Javonte Williams RB N Carolina
    3(69) Hunter Long TE Boston College
    3(87) James Hudson OT Cincinnati
    4a. Tedarrell Slaton DT Florida
    4(comp) Kary Vincent Jr. CB LSU
    6a. Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
    6(comp) Erroll Thompson ILB Miss St
    7a. Malcolm Koonce OLB Buffalo
    7b. James Wiggins S Cincinnati

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    AS you can tell way tooo early, thus it looks so jittery, but I always like doing this ...

1) extend Ben, Pouncey, Decasto ( if you extend Ben you have to them) Haden possible VW moves could give us 20 M in cap space
    2) must re-sign Hilton, Alalulu,

2nd tier priorities: Spillane, I will even add McDonald ( and I am McDonald hater) Feiler ( RT/back up G) , Banner ( compete with Chucks as LT), Conner ( as vet min, back up, and 3rd down back) Can then draft OT in the 2nd or 1st and have can go get best RB or ILB ( pair with Bush) in draft.

there is a lot of valuable depth players who are up for resigning, especially at ILB and S.

3) possible cap cut moves:
    VW saves 3M ( I would prefer to extend)
    Hadden?
    Nelson?

Draft priorities: RB playmaker, OT long term, start developing and replacing Decastro and Pouncey, a 3rd OLB, an ILB to pair with Bush, that elusive 3rd S hybird-LB, and a develop WR. I gave up on drafting a TE!

players I want to keep include Sutton... Is he younger better than Nelson cheaper?
    Pouncey AND Decastro?
    No way!!!
    Pouncey should have been gone years ago. Any journeyman center can give us what he does, we never missed him when he WAS good.

DD? He might be hurt. If he has something, keep him.

If this is the best he's got, he's gots to go too.
    Between the two you save maybe 18 mil after dead cap?

You wanna gut our corners instead? Do you remember the seasons between Ike and Hadden?