Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: Random too early post season moves

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I defended Pouncey.. I no longer can defend his play. I can deal with a few missed blocks.. it happens but his snaps have been all over the place and pretty much started the domino effect last game.

    I think when centers are being manhandled they start cutting corners to make up for it and thats when you get snaps all over the place.

    Plus, I’m hoping Pouncey retiring will help Ben make the same decision.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  2. #22
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I donít see your point. Khan is one of the best capologists in the league. He provides cap relief, coaches take care of the rest.
    Exactly.
    Khan puts a loaded roster on the field every season. Itís not his fault Tomlin chokes it away.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not sure you can let VW go because it is unlikely Bush is close to full speed until mid 2021...if even then
    That is why I am thinking of drafting an ILB early, even round 1!
    Inside linebacker (depth) and playmaking killed us... the middle of defense might even be worse with no Alualu & Hilton.


  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    That is why I am thinking of drafting an ILB early, even round 1!
    Inside linebacker (depth) and playmaking killed us... the middle of defense might even be worse with no Alualu & Hilton.
    I would give Avery Williamson's agent a call to see what it would take to bring him back. He looked a little lost at first but it seemed that game by game he was improving as he got to know the D a little better.

  5. #25
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    That is why I am thinking of drafting an ILB early, even round 1!
    Inside linebacker (depth) and playmaking killed us... the middle of defense might even be worse with no Alualu & Hilton.
    with all the holes on offense, if they choose to plug the possible 1 hole on defense with a 1st rounder... my TV won’t survive the draft

    and I’ll leave this here to ponder.
    lj fort and John bostic, 2 guys not good enough for the Steelers defense, started at ILB for 2 teams ranked #2 and #4 this past year

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I would give Avery Williamson's agent a call to see what it would take to bring him back. He looked a little lost at first but it seemed that game by game he was improving as he got to know the D a little better.
    Yep. Reverse auction with Spillane and Williamson (low price wins!). And hope UG3 develops into something (although my hope is fading)

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    with all the holes on offense, if they choose to plug the possible 1 hole on defense with a 1st rounder... my TV wonít survive the draft

    and Iíll leave this here to ponder.
    lj fort and John bostic, 2 guys not good enough for the Steelers defense, started at ILB for 2 teams ranked #2 and #4 this past year
    really...

    are you really going to mention Bostic?

    LJ Fort was an ok back up/developmental Steeler ILB, but a jounrneyman and mainly a STer, nothing more... with Bush drafted, he was expendible ... I think he was a Brownie then was signed by Philly for crazy money then was released same year, thus we had to release Montief to make the comp formula work. You know he is over 30 right?
    You know what Baltimore's ILB suck right? that is why they drafted queen last year.

    What are those rankings from...?


  8. #28
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Yep. Reverse auction with Spillane and Williamson (low price wins!). And hope UG3 develops into something (although my hope is fading)
    Spillane will sign with us, he is Exclusive Rights Free Agent, (the one who who has not had enough years in NFL, and has to sign a cheaper contract with us and can not negotiate with other teams) ... like Feiler and Hilton did last year... So he is good to rock and roll in black and gold. Does he take the next step? I think he will, but what is his ceiling? VW?

    The thing is if we release VW we are going to be stuck in the same rat wheel... no depth and just average play at ILB next to Bush.

    Maybe I am spoiled thinking of the days of Timmons-Farrior, Brown-Kirkland


  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    PFF ranks Pouncey 31st in the NFL for starting centers. For $15M the Steelers can do better.

  10. #30
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    PFF ranks Pouncey 31st in the NFL for starting centers. For $15M the Steelers can do better.
    Pro bowl! This literally makes a joke out of the pro bowl. It's a slap in the face to the players that belong there.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •