Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to watch in tonight's Cotton Bowl Oklahoma vs Florida

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Who to watch in tonight's Cotton Bowl Oklahoma vs Florida

Some great prospects to keep an eye on in tonight's Cotton Bowl. A few guys are opting out. They are

Kyle Pitts-TE-UF (top 15 pick, future all-pro)
    Kadarius Toney-WR-UF (top 60 draft pick, electric open field runner)
    Trevon Grimes-WR-UF (big physical receiver, early day 2pick)
    Tre Brown-CB-OU- (the best CB Oklahoma has had in a decade)

Now on to the guys playing

Rhamondre Stevenson-RB-OU (Marshawn Lynch clone who should be firmly on the radar with the Steelers 3rd round pick)
    Creed Humphrey-C-OU (15 year plug and play starter top 50 selection)
    Ronnie Perkins-Edge-OU (has not yet declared but is a Bud Dupree clone, better ceiling in my opinion)
    Adrian Ealy-OT-OU- (needs to be better conditioned but has an NFL skill set, day 3 pick)
    Nik Bonito-ILB-OU (has not declared but has the athleticism to be a high ceiling player late day 2 pick)
    Dashaun White-LB-OU (versatile and tough kid, day 3 guy)

Kyle Trask-QB-UF- probable late first round pick. Big physical and a strong arm. Winner. Will be mentioned as a Steeler target all offseason
    Ventrell Miller-ILB-UF (sideline to sideline player, nice speed and motor day 2 selection)
    Stone Forsythe-OT-UF (massive human 6'9 310, fantastic senior season protecting Trasks blindside, day 2 pick)
    Brenton Cox-Edge-UF (ideal size and speed for an OLB, raw, late day 2 pick)
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 01-21-2021 at 06:52 PM.
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

probably take a peak but OU usually craps the bed in these types of games.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    probably take a peak but OU usually craps the bed in these types of games.
    OU is favored.

I'm curious to watch Trask play.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks SKL. I'm not a big college guy so when I do have a chance I don't necessarily know who to look out for.

Question about Humphrey. Isn't he something like 6'6"? Has anyone ever played C at such a height? I'm wondering with all the bending, hunching over that goes with the position if he will be able to physically handle it over the long term. Any chance he can move to guard or tackle?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Thanks SKL. I'm not a big college guy so when I do have a chance I don't necessarily know who to look out for.

Question about Humphrey. Isn't he something like 6'6"? Has anyone ever played C at such a height? I'm wondering with all the bending, hunching over that goes with the position if he will be able to physically handle it over the long term. Any chance he can move to guard or tackle?

6"5" 320. Maurkice Pouncey is 6'4" . Humphrey has played C his entire career and in my opinion was born to play Center. He is a natural. Tough as nails. I'd have no problem drafting him with our 1st round pick.
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    6"5" 320. Maurkice Pouncey is 6'4" . Humphrey has played C his entire career and in my opinion was born to play Center. He is a natural. Tough as nails. I'd have no problem drafting him with our 1st round pick.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I've read somewhere that this kid is just a big, strong, nasty dude. I think that they finally have to make a move at C. I actually thought that they would have moved on Cushenberry last draft. Maybe not as high as second, but trade and move back or trade to move up in the third. Ironically he went to Denver using the Steelers' third rounder received in the Bush trade. Hmmm....drafted with a Pittsburgh pick and coached up by Munchak.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    OU is favored.

I'm curious to watch Trask play.
    Trask is legit. It may be a good game because Florida’s D is suspect this year but OU usually struggles when dealing with physical SEC opponents.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As far as center goes tall centers are where it's trending. Reason being more teams are in the gun these days then ever before.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well damn, not watching yet but I heard the score on sports radio. 17 - 0 Oklahoma early?

Trask with 2 INT’s and a pick 6.

I did not expect this.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Trask has not looked good. Rhamondre Stevenson is a beast at RB. Creed Humphrey is manhandling his opponents. Ronnie Perkins is a star in the making. Forsythe is holding his own at RT for the Gators. Spencer Rattler is the next Pat Mahommes. I have no idea how we would be able to draft him. He will be in play for the 2022 #1 overall pick.