Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to watch in tonight's Cotton Bowl Oklahoma vs Florida

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Well damn, not watching yet but I heard the score on sports radio. 17 - 0 Oklahoma early?

Trask with 2 INTís and a pick 6.

I did not expect this.
    Like I said, Trask could be the classic one year wonder. I see lots of Florida games and a see a middle of the pack NFL QB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Rattler was benched earlier this year. I would slow down on the Mahomes comparison. He just looks like Mahomes, he doesnít play like him just yet. He was pretty bad vs KState, Iowa State and Texas. Definitely bounced back from some rough play early in the year.

Benched? LOL. He sat out 1 series. 387 yards and 4 TD's vs. KSt, QBR-170, 300 yards 2 TD's vs Iowa St. QBR-150. Dude is a FRESHMAN. I think I know a little about Pat Mahommes. I was the one telling this board we needed to trade up for him 4 years ago.
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Benched? LOL. He sat out 1 series. 387 yards and 4 TD's vs. KSt, QBR-170, 300 yards 2 TD's vs Iowa St. QBR-150. Dude is a FRESHMAN. I think I know a little about Pat Mahommes. I was the one telling this board we needed to trade up for him 4 years ago.
    no, he was benched for 3 series vs Texas.

vs KState. 4TDís.. and 3INTís. I watched that game.

Just because you were right about Mahomes doesnít give you a lifetime pass on QB evaluations. Heís not the next Mahomes.. he just looks like heís from the same family.
    Floridaís D is trash. Thatís why its so hard to evaluate QBís.. especially in the Big 12 where D isnít all that important.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 12-31-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Like I said, Trask could be the classic one year wonder. I see lots of Florida games and a see a middle of the pack NFL QB
    Yeah, not sure about him. He had some strong games but he also had some head scratchers.

One has to wonder if he is trying too hard because he knows the D is awful. 2 INT’s in 2 straight passes vs OU is alarming.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

no, he was benched for 3 series vs Texas.

vs KState. 4TD’s.. and 3INT’s. I watched that game.

Just because you were right about Mahomes doesn’t give you a lifetime pass on QB evaluations. He’s not the next Mahomes.. he just looks like he’s from the same family.
    Florida’s D is trash. That’s why its so hard to evaluate QB’s.. especially in the Big 12 where D isn’t all that important.
    And what happened vs. Texas. He brought them back and won. He more than looks like Mahommes! Watch his game. His throwing motion, arm angles, accuracy and arm strength looks exactly like Mahommes. He patterns his game after him. Again the kid is a freshman. 28 TD's to 7 INT's. Mahoomes was 36/15 in his first full year as a starter. Rattler is a special talent. You don't need to be Lincoln Reilly to see it. Barring injury or something unforeseen he is on track to be #1 overall pick in 2022 NFL draft.
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And what happened vs. Texas. He brought them back and won. He more than looks like Mahommes! Watch his game. His throwing motion, arm angles, accuracy and arm strength looks exactly like Mahommes. He patterns his game after him. Again the kid is a freshman. 28 TD's to 7 INT's. Mahoomes was 36/15 in his first full year as a starter. Rattler is a special talent. You don't need to be Lincoln Reilly to see it. Barring injury or something unforeseen he is on track to be #1 overall pick in 2022 NFL draft.

And Vegas just made him the favorite for the 2021 Heisman.

Legend

User Info Menu

And Vegas just made him the favorite for the 2021 Heisman.
    Hereís a look at who CBS SportsLine is including early on its Heisman odds list:

Spencer Rattler, QB, Oklahoma: +300
    D.J. Uiagalelei, QB, Clemson: +400
    Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina: +600
    DíEriq King, QB, Miami (FL): +750
    Bryce Young, QB, Alabama: +1000
    Kedon Slovis, QB, USC: +1200

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-te...trophy-winner/
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Starter

User Info Menu

Yeah, not sure about him. He had some strong games but he also had some head scratchers.

One has to wonder if he is trying too hard because he knows the D is awful. 2 INT’s in 2 straight passes vs OU is alarming.
    Trask is a Florida QB. While that school produces a lot of NFL talent, they don’t at QB. Think Ohio State South.

Without big improvements to our OL (and therefore our running game), Trask would be battling Rudolph to be a career backup.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some great prospects to keep an eye on in tonight's Cotton Bowl. A few guys are opting out. They are

Kyle Pitts-TE-UF (top 10 pick, future all-pro)
    Kadarius Toney-WR-UF (top 60 draft pick, electric open field runner)
    Trevon Grimes-WR-UF (big physical receiver, day 2 pick)
    Tre Brown-CB-OU- (the best CB Oklahoma has had in a decade)

Now on to the guys playing

Rhamondre Stevenson-RB-OU (Marshawn Lynch clone who should be firmly on the radar with the Steelers 2nd round pick)
    Creed Humphrey-C-OU (15 year plug and play starter top 50 selection)
    Ronnie Perkins-Edge-OU (has not yet declared but is a Bud Dupree clone, better ceiling in my opinion)
    Adrian Ealy-OT-OU- (needs to be better conditioned but has an NFL skill set, day 3 pick)
    Nik Bonito-ILB-OU (has not declared but has the athleticism to be a high ceiling player late day 2 pick)
    Dashaun White-LB-OU (versatile and tough kid, day 3 guy)

Kyle Trask-QB-UF- probable late first round pick. Big physical and a strong arm. Winner. Will be mentioned as a Steeler target all offseason
    Ventrell Miller-ILB-UF (sideline to sideline player, nice speed and motor day 2 selection)
    Stone Forsythe-OT-UF (massive human 6'9 310, fantastic senior season protecting Trasks blindside, day 2 pick)
    Brenton Cox-Edge-UF (ideal size and speed for an OLB, raw, day 2 pick)
    Thanks for the breakdown on who to watch. I'm intrigued by most of these guys except Trask.

Trask's stats are good, but I think he looks like another Mason Rudolf in a Big Ben body. I can see why the Steelers and our fans would talk about him, but I don't see taking him over other guys likely on the board when we pick.

I might be more inclined to take a chance on Mac Jones who I'm also not huge on, but he's a guy I could see being successful with our WRs assuming we can give him a few minutes in the pocket. He's not a great athlete, but I think he can be a really effective rhythm passer and Claypool and Johnson are 2 guys that are going to always be open for a guy like Mac.

The problem with both of these guys is I don't see either being comfortable moving in the pocket at the NFL level and neither has a great arm if they're moving.

Legend

User Info Menu

Trask has not looked good. Rhamondre Stevenson is a beast at RB. Creed Humphrey is manhandling his opponents. Ronnie Perkins is a star in the making. Forsythe is holding his own at RT for the Gators. Spencer Rattler is the next Pat Mahommes. I have no idea how we would be able to draft him. He will be in play for the 2022 #1 overall pick.
    Spencer Rattler may look like Mahommes but be isn’t playing like him this year.

He may be available in the 3rd round the way 2021 is going.