Thread: WFT cuts Haskins

Legend

User Info Menu

WFT cuts Haskins

Another cant miss QB misses

Just shows how hard it will be to replace Ben

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don’t think anyone believes it will be easy, especially since we rarely draft top 10.

But the window where it becomes necessary is getting really close.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

WFT becoming WTF

Legend

User Info Menu

Yet another failed OSU QB in the NFL

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yet another failed OSU QB in the NFL
    I'd always be leery drafting a QB from Ohio State or Alabama. So much talent around them it magnifies how good they are.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not a fan of Haskin’s but he got a raw deal. Gruden needed to win now and that was too much pressure for a guy like Haskin’s. Then Rivera comes in and without any offseason reps throws a new offense at him and expects instant success?

No doubt he seems immature but plenty of people have made worse mistakes.

I would definitely take a chance on Haskins on the cheap.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not a fan of Haskinís but he got a raw deal. Gruden needed to win now and that was too much pressure for a guy like Haskinís. Then Rivera comes in and without any offseason reps throws a new offense at him and expects instant success?

Hard pass!!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Oviedo;814954]I'd always be leery drafting a QB from Ohio State or Alabama. So much talent around them it magnifies how good they are.

Add Florida. No Florida QB has ever been any good in the pros, really. I wouldnít take Fields or Trask if they were available in the second.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=SteelerMaine83;814965]
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'd always be leery drafting a QB from Ohio State or Alabama. So much talent around them it magnifies how good they are.

Add Florida. No Florida QB has ever been any good in the pros, really. I wouldn’t take Fields or Trask if they were available in the second.
    Yeah.. I said the same thing about Texas Tech QB’s and missed on Mahomes.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not a fan of Haskin’s but he got a raw deal. Gruden needed to win now and that was too much pressure for a guy like Haskin’s. Then Rivera comes in and without any offseason reps throws a new offense at him and expects instant success?

Don't care what kind of deal he got from the coaches. When a rookie QB comes into the NFL and doesn't practice hard, is lazy, and is called out by his own team mates for his lack of work ethic, that's all I need to know to say no thank you. Let some other team try to develop him into a starting QB.
    Apparently his coaches had seen enough to know he didn't seem to have the it factor. He makes poor decisions and he also isn't a particularly accurate passer. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...line_manual_55
    https://www.radio.com/thefandc/sport...failed-impress