Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tomlin

If we lose out, and in the 1st round...Is Tomlin on the hot seat...

I say he should be, but won't...Will use the injury excuse and they'll be tough talk again...And that'll be that

Legend

User Info Menu

You already got your thread on this topic...why another?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've never understood how people could justify how a double-digit, playoff team with a dozen injuries could have a coach on the "hot seat".

he's not even remotely close to the hot seat, unless you have some irrational hatred for him.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2021 Mock Draft
    TBD

Starter

User Info Menu

Tomlin isn't going anywhere unless he wants to. Ficthner should be fired. This offense is so predictable I know the play before the ball is snapped.

I'm not sure if anyone caught this last night or I imagined it but did Ben walk away from Tomlin after his TD pass? Tomlin went out to give him congrats.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Tomlin isn't going anywhere unless he wants to. Ficthner should be fired. This offense is so predictable I know the play before the ball is snapped.

I'm not sure if anyone caught this last night or I imagined it but did Ben walk away from Tomlin after his TD pass? Tomlin went out to give him congrats.
    I could see him leaving if Ben goes (Colbert may hang out up too).

Might not want to deal with whatever comes next.

I think he sticks around for a rebuild though.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I could see him leaving if Ben goes (Colbert may hang out up too).

Might not want to deal with whatever comes next.

I think he sticks around for a rebuild though.
    Correct, but when he leaves it will be on his own volition, he will never be fired.

Backup

User Info Menu

Tomlin: The standard is the standard. Tomlin: We have to be consistently, consistent. Tomlin: We have to be above the line. Tomlin has never dropped a pass, missed a tackle or threw a INT but all of these (his platitudes) can also be applied to his head coach position. Pittsburgh's standard is to lose games that they should not. Pittsburgh is consistently consistent in losing these games. Pittsburgh is not above the line. Everyone on this board knows we have had a Hall of Fame QB and a great cast of supporting players multiple years with no SB other than Cowards team to show for it. I'm from KY where we bleed KY basketball. We have the same now in coach Cal. Great seasons, you go to games knowing you most likely will see your team win but no championship. Coach Cal will not be at KY much longer. Tomlin for all his regular season success must go for us to someday win another SB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    Tomlin: The standard is the standard. Tomlin: We have to be consistently, consistent. Tomlin: We have to be above the line. Tomlin has never dropped a pass, missed a tackle or threw a INT but all of these (his platitudes) can also be applied to his head coach position. Pittsburgh's standard is to lose games that they should not. Pittsburgh is consistently consistent in losing these games. Pittsburgh is not above the line. Everyone on this board knows we have had a Hall of Fame QB and a great cast of supporting players multiple years with no SB other than Cowards team to show for it. I'm from KY where we bleed KY basketball. We have the same now in coach Cal. Great seasons, you go to games knowing you most likely will see your team win but no championship. Coach Cal will not be at KY much longer. Tomlin for all his regular season success must go for us to someday win another SB.
    Kentucky is a pretty good comparison. Not sure if they will ever win another Championship with Cal but the fans have unrealistic expectations.

This idea that having a good QB means you should win a bunch of SB’s is hilarious. In this modern era outside of Brady, what QB has more than 2 SB’s?

Peyton? nope
    Eli? nope
    Rodgers? nope
    Brees? nope

This isn’t the 70’s. Steeler fans need to realize being competitive is the goal and winning SB’s is a luxury, not something you are owed because you have a good QB.

I would love more SB’s but I damn sure wouldn’t hire and fire based on SB’s.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like Tomlin but he needs to make changes starting with the OC. I also think he is here as long as he wants to be. And while winning or even getting to the SB over and over is unrealistic, all his non-losing seasons are not getting them anything.

Since the loss to GB in the SB, the Steelers have won 3 playoff games in 9 years (2 wins in one season) so 7 out of 9 years of no playoff wins. I’m certainly glad we’re not Det, Clev, Cin, Jets, but barring a miracle this season we’ll be looking at 8 out of 10 years with no playoff success. It’s not great.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben should be on the hot seat