Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PIT at CIN

Legend

User Info Menu

PIT at CIN

Out of more than 100 experts making picks on the game not a single one has CIN straight up. In the words of Myron Cope...hmm...haa.

CIN Offense:
    • Allen hasn't practiced, so it's looking a lot like R Finley is getting the nod at QB this week. Finley is, uh, not a good QB. But small sample size so can't completely dismiss the guy. And the Steelers defense sometimes has weird outings against unknown QBs. Even if Allen does go, I don't see a huge difference here.
    • Finley should be red meat against this Steelers defense; the OL is prone to giving up sacks, ranking 31st in sacks allowed with 46 total.... red meat I tell ya.
    • CIN is god-awful in the passing game; in the last 5 wks they rank #32 in explosive pass plays. In contrast the run offense has had some success over this span, ranking #22 with 9 explosive rushes.
    • Surprisingly in the last five weeks CIN ranks #5 in passing ratio, 66%/34%. This is probably because they faced PIT and WAS and basically had no rush attack in those games.
    • They pass because CIN is woeful running the football. Not PIT woeful but close. Their successful run rate over the league avg is -6.1% in the last month (PIT is -9.4%). Really comes back to OL kinda like what we see every week.
    • CIN is terrible in the RZ in the last month which is why they are 30th in pts/gm.

CIN Defense:
    • CIN defense is very gifting; allowing explosive plays in both running and passing, ranking #32 and #31. Statistically they've tightened up in the last month but that's probably because of playing bad NYG and DAL offenses.
    • Good news for Roethlisberger, CIN is not a sack machine, having 15 total on the year.
    • CIN defense against the run is bottom of the NFL; also hint to Fichntner, CIN defense is weakest against the run on outside rushes. Please take advantage.
    • CIN defense allows an avg passer rating of 97.3. Roethlisberger had 4 TDs in the last game against CIN, expect that he will take advantage again.
    • DJ and JJSS had big games against CIN last time, hopefully more of the same. It would be great if they could work on deep passing game this week to iron out bugs.

Not sure what to expect from the Steelers this week. Sure, this should be a W but offensively they might try to get the run game going once again which could keep the score down especially if the weather is bad. Hopefully we see some creativity in playcalling as well. Then again, the Steelers just might go with what got them where they are, get the game over with and get back home.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's like a reverse pressure game. The team we're playing is so bad that it almost adds pressure to beat them.

I just have a feeling that it's not going to be a sit back and relax type of game to watch. But it should be!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    It's like a reverse pressure game. The team we're playing is so bad that it almost adds pressure to beat them.

I just have a feeling that it's not going to be a sit back and relax type of game to watch. But it should be!
    never know with a division game but we should win easily... which means it will be closer than it should be.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    never know with a division game but we should win easily... which means it will be closer than it should be.
    C'mon man!

Legend

User Info Menu

This game is an opportunity to work on running and vertical passing games. Defensively, I see it as a chance to get some backup players more experience.

I'm not even as concerned with the win at this point as I am seeing players and units get a chance to develop and build on something going into the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good guys win.

And I'm done predicting scores.

Hoping to see Ben challenge secondaries with some deep passes. Even if we don't complete them, I think we need to put willingness to do it on tape more.

I hope that the running game improves, but we've had little to no success against a fair number of teams with bad rushing D that I think it's probably a lost cause at this point. Maybe not if we can hit some deep balls and get defenders out of the box.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This game is an opportunity to work on running and vertical passing games. Defensively, I see it as a chance to get some backup players more experience.

I'm not even as concerned with the win at this point as I am seeing players and units get a chance to develop and build on something going into the playoffs.
    I was going to say that both teams might have the same mental approach to this game; get it over with. CIN looking forward to an offseason, and PIT getting the regular season finished and moving on to the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Will the Steelers be able to re-gain their mojo against the Bengals on Monday night?

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...l-preview-news

Legend

User Info Menu

Bengals' Allen ruled out, Finley to start on MNF vs. Steelers

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2074068

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Bengals' Allen ruled out, Finley to start on MNF vs. Steelers

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2074068
    Not a lot of tape on Finley since he's only been in the last few games. But he shouldn't bring fear to the Steelers defense.