Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Underrated Steeler

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    A fun look back.....

Good call on Edmunds. The only safeties in his draft class that are better are Fitz and Bates. Edmunds has consistently played 90+% of defensive snaps. Not so with Bates or the other safeties. Edmunds might not be special, but he is always on the field, understands the defense, and not afraid to stick his nose in on tackles. Sure, he has some misses but even Fitz has had his gaffes.
    I think the Steelers will offer him a strong average contract.

Too early to give an underrated on 2021 Steelers but the early running for me; Schobert, and Haden (teams are barely looking his way on passes, he's that sound).
    Troy use to have lots of missed tackles but he sandwiched those with "wow" plays so people overlooked them. Edmunds doesn't do "wow" which is why he gets so much undeserved criticism...he just sound and solid.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Our O line is still below par. In some areas well below. The one dude who has been okay is Dotson. He gets to the second level and walls off well. Has the ability to pull and moves the pile. His pass pro is good enough. Don't remember to many flags being tossed on him so in a pool of question marks he has been at least steady. Not sure how high his ceiling is but at least he has shown he's got some game.
    ...and he is only a second year player with less than 10 NFL starts. Future is bright
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Our O line is still below par. In some areas well below. The one dude who has been okay is Dotson. He gets to the second level and walls off well. Has the ability to pull and moves the pile. His pass pro is good enough. Don't remember to many flags being tossed on him so in a pool of question marks he has been at least steady. Not sure how high his ceiling is but at least he has shown he's got some game.
    I was shocked to hear that Chuks has yet to give up a sack this season. He's not very good at run blocking but he's been holding his own in pass pro.

Legend

User Info Menu

Saw this to back up Edmunds underrating:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mB5DTy][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mB5DTy]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Legend

User Info Menu

A fun look back.....

Good call on Edmunds. The only safeties in his draft class that are better are Fitz and Bates. Edmunds has consistently played 90+% of defensive snaps. Not so with Bates or the other safeties. Edmunds might not be special, but he is always on the field, understands the defense, and not afraid to stick his nose in on tackles. Sure, he has some misses but even Fitz has had his gaffes.
    I think the Steelers will offer him a strong average contract.

Too early to give an underrated on 2021 Steelers but the early running for me; Schobert, and Haden (teams are barely looking his way on passes, he's that sound).
    Thanks for the props!

I wonder if Bush is most underrated on the D for similar reasons as Edmunds. Hasn't lived up to his draft position (yet?) but still solid when playing. Leaves us wanting more. But maybe the very high pedigree still leaves his expectations too high to be most underrated. It's funny because there might be a argument for him to be most overrated too. Maybe that just means that opinions on him are most polarized?

I like the Schobert pick too.

Haden is interesting because I think my opinion of him today and my opinion of what he will be in a year or two are pretty different.

On offense, I'm hoping that it will be Green that's most underrated after a start that hasn't been great. Maybe that will allow Ben to be more underrated.

With Juju out, at least one of the receiving options will have a chance to outperform expectations. I hope it's Claypool in the slot making some great catch and run plays over the middle. But given that we haven't been attempting too many of those plays with Juju, it's hard to be too confident it's going to happen with Claypool. Would be nice to be using Freiermuth more too.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 10-15-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looking back I'm surprised that I had not said Alualu on D. I've believed for years that he is quietly the anchor of this D. His is a loss that is still difficult to overcome. I guess the bigger difference between him and Edmunds is that Alualu does not take anywhere near the same amount of overly harsh criticism.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

under rated

Chris Boswell.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Saw this to back up Edmunds underrating:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mB5DTy][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mB5DTy]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[
    /url], on Flickr
    Wow isn't THAT a bizarro world ranking. Pretty much the OPPOSITE of their reputations.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Looking back I'm surprised that I had not said Alualu on D. I've believed for years that he is quietly the anchor of this D. His is a loss that is still difficult to overcome. I guess the bigger difference between him and Edmunds is that Alualu does not take anywhere near the same amount of overly harsh criticism.
    Good choice.
    If we are including injured guys, my vote is his fellow lineman Tuitt.

Funny thing is he is both underrated by fans AND overpaid by the team because dude is hurt half the time.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Wow isn't THAT a bizarro world ranking. Pretty much the OPPOSITE of their reputations.
    Edmunds is a great punching bag for fans. Half of them are just jumping on the bandwagon to bash him but its not actually based on his performance.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?