Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ravens Week

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens Week

Short week, but feeling good about Thursday. We are relatively healthy. Ravens have some key defensive injuries. All the pressure on them.

Steelers 24-13

Legend

User Info Menu

The greatest coach on the planet is about to get the greatest Oline, Offense, and RB leading our team to another victory.

150 yards rushing and 2 TDs for Big Jimmy Conner.

It's Thanksgiving and the running game needs to eat.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've said many times, the key to beating the Ravens is to get the lead and force them to play catch up. We need to put our slow starts behind us or this game will be more difficult than it needs to be. Force LJ to throw to catch up and the chances of winning go up significantly.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm feeling both confident and uneasy! How? My gut says we're going to sweep the rats. But I'm uneasy that I'm feeling confident about this game!

I agree that all the pressure is on the rats. They need this win badly.

Not sure that watching our biggest rivalry on Thanksgiving day is good for my digestion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'm feeling both confident and uneasy! How? My gut says we're going to sweep the rats. But I'm uneasy that I'm feeling confident about this game!

I agree that all the pressure is on the rats. They need this win badly.

Not sure that watching our biggest rivalry on Thanksgiving day is good for my digestion!
    I plan to eat early so I don't puke from stress even though I'm confident we win

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I plan to eat early so I don't puke from stress even though I'm confident we win
    If you puke from the stress you get to eat again so it's kinda a win on Thanksgiving

Starter

User Info Menu

I like the fact it is in Pittsburgh and a prime-time night game. The Steelers are usually money at home and in primetime, especially against the rats.

I seem to remember a few seasons back about Harbaugh complaining to Goondell about having to play the Steelers at night.

We take this going away.

Steelers 34

Rats 13

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The greatest coach on the planet is about to get the greatest Oline, Offense, and RB leading our team to another victory.

150 yards rushing and 2 TDs for Big Jimmy Conner.

It's Thanksgiving and the running game needs to eat.
    Conner rushing for 150 yards and 2 TD’s??? Boy do I like the sound of that!!!
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers 30
    Ratbirds 17
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Conner rushing for 150 yards and 2 TDís??? Boy do I like the sound of that!!!
    Conner has had some good games against the Ravens before. Itís not like heís forgotten how to run or become less physical.

I think we should look back to some older games for inspiration. Plus the Ravens arenít going to worry about the run is my guess so we can surprise them.