Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Make your call

Legend

User Info Menu

Make your call

What will be our final record with seven games left. I'm making the call now 16-0. Indy is the only game that really concerns me.

@Jacksonville--W
    Baltimore--W
    Washington--W
    @Buffalo--W
    @Bumgals--W
    Indy--W
    @Cleveland--W

Legend

User Info Menu

15-1..........
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 11-18-2020 at 10:35 AM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I’m going to say 14-2... just cause I think we rest players once we have the number 1 seed locked up.

However, my prediction before every game is always a W. Just can bring myself to predict a loss on any given week.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

14-2

I always thought we'd split with the Rats. And I feel there's one more loss in there somewhere (Indy most likely & Stains are no gimme). But I'm seriously excited about the very real possibility of 16-0!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

16-0 baby!!!!

Like anyone expected a different answer

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We can win every game on that list. Of course, that's a hard feat to accomplish, but this team has a legitimate shot at it. Barring major injuries or Covid outbreaks, I would favor us to take each of those matchups. Let's DO it ... 19-0!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    14-2

I always thought we'd split with the Rats. And I feel there's one more loss in there somewhere (Indy most likely & Stains are no gimme). But I'm seriously excited about the very real possibility of 16-0!!!!
    If we went 16-0, is the
    added pressure of an undefeated team a concern to you going forward?
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If we went 16-0, is the
    It wouldn't concern me. You just keep doing what we've been doing, preparing and playing them one game at a time.

I'd be more concerned about looking past a weaker opponent because of an upcoming game with a stronger one, but that's not something unique to the undefeated run, it's something we have to contend with almost every year.
    Last edited by Buzz; 11-18-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    It wouldn't concern me. You just keep doing what we've been doing, preparing and playing them one game at a time.

I'd be more concerned about looking past a weaker opponent because of an upcoming game with a stronger one, but that's not something unique to the undefeated run, it's something we have to contend with almost every year.
    my fear is not resting starters and risking injury in a quest for an undefeated season.

I would hate to see Claypool, Fitz or Ben go down in a meaningless game vs Cleveland.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If we went 16-0, is the
    Not really. The one-and-done playoffs are high-pressure regardless. If they enter the playoffs 14-2, 15-1 or 16-0, I think the pressure to avoid losing is much the same. They're not worried at all about protecting a win streak. They're worried about getting a ring.