Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PIT at DAL

Legend

User Info Menu

PIT at DAL

With 100+ experts weighing in PIT is one of two teams that are unanimous straightup picks this weekend. The other is KC (vs CAR). Interesting enough NE was an early unanimous pick but as a testament to their sorry state a few analysts have picked the NYJ to win.

I don't think this game requires any deep analysis but such as it is here are a few reasons why it is so lopsided:

DAL Offense
    • QB - shambles; Jerrah is gonna have to pony up $$ for Prescott because what they have behind him is sad. Word is 4th stringer Gilbert or Rush are getting the nod.... eegads.f
    • OL - shambles; the Boys lost both starting tackles at the beginning of the season, and are playing with a rookie center. Guard Zack Martin has also been banged up this season. Result?.. 29th in the NFL in sacks allowed with 24!! Watt and Dupree must already have friendly bets locked in on who grabs the most sacks this weekend.
    • RB - not quite shambles; word is the Elliot 'doesn't look right' this season (of course the OL could be part of that). DAL is 21st in rush yds/gm, just cracking the 100 mark. Tony Pollard is the backup but let's just say there won't be any mistaking him for Elliot with an avg yds/att of 2.9. Steelers defense gets a huge reprieve after facing two rush demons that last two weeks.
    • The Boys are generous giving the ball away on offense with 11 fumbles lost (32nd) and 7 INTs (21st). This has led to a horrendous -11 TO margin.
    • Suprisingly, DAL still leads the league in passing yds/gm (293), but this is largely due to early games where Prescott piled up yards. The last three games they averaged 146 yds courtesy of QB Bonaducci or whoever.
    • Dallas is at or near the bottom of the NFL in TOP, RZ TDs, 3rd and long conversion (woeful 20%), and pts/drive.

DAL Defense:
    • Lard-butt Poe is gone and they are rotating a couple of unknowns at NT. They sent DE Griffen packing to DET in a trade no one noticed or cared about.
    • Pretty much at or near the bottom of the NFL in pts allowed, rushing yds allowed (maybe a chance for Snell and McFly to make an appearance.... please no Samuels!), passing and total TDs allowed. In otherwords their defense is a wet paper towel and expect the Steelers will treat it like that.
    • I noticed FF experts recommended dropping Roethlisberger from fantasy teams this weekend. At first I thought this was crazy, but I suppose the thinking is he may only attempt a dozen or so passes given the sorry state of Dallas run defense.

I hope the Steelers can get an early lead and treat the game as a way for some of the younger players to get some PT. Would also be great if 7-11 can get their timing down on the long ball cause I think they will need it to get deep into the playoffs.

No need for Zanax or Zoloft this weekend!
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 11-05-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is it too much to think we could win this by 20 or more???

I'd love to see a 6-7 sack game

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Is it too much to think we could win this by 20 or more???
    it's certainly possible, but we have only won 1 game so far this season by more than 10 points (against Cleveland).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it's certainly possible, but we have only won 1 game so far this season by more than 10 points (against Cleveland).
    Yea, the line is currently at -14 which is a little scary. My concern would be the Steelers go in coast-mode way too early and allow a few cheap scores to make it closer than it should.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

No need for Zanax or Zoloft this weekend!
    I’ve heard this crap before

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh 27
    Dallas 19

We fart around and let it be close before pulling away at the end

Legend

User Info Menu

PIT 30
    DAL 6

(they don't crack the EZ but find a way to get close enough for 2 FGs)

Legend

User Info Menu

This title says it all:

Cowboys Still Unsure Who Will Start At QB, But It Likely Won’t Matter

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

with the caveat that all NFL teams have pro's and no win is guaranteed:

If you want to be taken seriously as a SB contender, this is the type of game that should never be in question. The kind of game the pats with hoodie and brady would win 42-3.

If the Steelers allow the cowboys to hang in there and it ends up 24-21 or something close - they will have earned the doubts that will follow.

so as much as someone who watched the steelers play down to scrub teams can be worried - I'm staying optimistic.

38-7 Steelers.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Have you watched Zeke play this year? He is a step slower and no longer breaks tackles to create long runs. He has become quite ordinary as opposed to exceptional; Jerry blew his $ on that signing