Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: National Old Guy Voting Day

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Just another example among many of why old orange face needed to go. He will go down as one of the worst presidents in the history of this country. I hope this country never goes down this road again. Unfortunately, many people in this country don't have good sense.

Today someone at work told me the election was stolen from Trump. He said that it was a statistical impossibility that Trump could lose the election. I replied that basic math and the courts proved that Trump loss. The other guy received more votes and Trump had his days in court.
    these Trump supporters are the same people who said Kap disrespected the flag.

I’m not shocked one bit by how they are acting.

The amount of privilege on display is amazing.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    these Trump supporters are the same people who said Kap disrespected the flag.

Iím not shocked one bit by how they are acting.

The amount of privilege on display is amazing.
    Sometimes people just lack common sense. Sometimes people get brain washed. Sometimes people want to remain loyal to their political party at all costs. Sometimes people chase the money.

Whatever the case, anyone that didn't recognize Trump as a terrible human being, poor leader, ect lacks.............. Those individuals need to do some soul searching for what they want this country to become in the future. All of what I wrote in the above will be the least of people's concerns if American fails and falls. But there are those in America who would cut of their noses to spite their faces.

Trump is an embarrassment to this country. Americans that support him should be ashamed of themselves.

Watch how some of the news networks that support Trump spin the situation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sometimes people just lack common sense. Sometimes people get brain washed. Sometimes people want to remain loyal to their political party at all costs. Sometimes people chase the money.

Whatever the case, anyone that didn't recognize Trump as a terrible human being, poor leader, ect lacks.............. Those individuals need to do some soul searching for what they want this country to become in the future. All of what I wrote in the above will be the least of people's concerns if American fails and falls. But there are those in America who would cut of their noses to spite their faces.

Trump is an embarrassment to this country. Americans that support him should be ashamed of themselves.

Watch how some of the news networks that support Trump spin the situation.
    99.999% of people are awesome.

If everyone had faith in that premise, everything would normalize quickly.

Unfortunately a combination of money and media (including social media) amplifies the fringes and divides us from believing in one another.

I feel like everyone is mad at someone or something. And this pandemic amplifies and accelerates everything.

Somehow each of us has to find a path to a return to being awesome.

Turn off the news. Get off social media. Live life again. Volunteer. Do something positive for someone.

Being awesome is contagious and together we can drown out all the negativity on both sides.

Seriously, how the F did we get here?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    99.999% of people are awesome.

If everyone had faith in that premise, everything would normalize quickly.

Unfortunately a combination of money and media (including social media) amplifies the fringes and divides us from believing in one another.

I feel like everyone is mad at someone or something. And this pandemic amplifies and accelerates everything.

Somehow each of us has to find a path to a return to being awesome.

Turn off the news. Get off social media. Live life again. Volunteer. Do something positive for someone.

Being awesome is contagious and together we can drown out all the negativity on both sides.

Seriously, how the F did we get here?
    One problem is the people elected a leader that consistently lied, has poor character, isn't a good person, racist, selfish ect ect ect. Some people elected him for their own selfish reasons. They over looked Trumps serious and divisive flaws for selfish reasons.

It's really strange. Like I said some people would cut off their noses to spite their faces. There was more to lose with Trump in office than there was to gain for this country.

History has shown that when people get the leadership wrong it can lead a country down a dark path. Trump was leading us down a dark path. Thank goodness he won't get 4 more years to ruin this country even more.

Extremism in any form can be dangerous. One day some of the people supported Trump are going to look back with regret.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 01-07-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

One problem is the people elected a leader that consistently lied, has poor character, isn't a good person, racist, selfish ect ect ect. Some people elected him for their own selfish reasons. They over looked Trumps serious and divisive flaws for selfish reasons.

It's really strange. Like I said some people would cut off their noses to spite their faces. There was more to lose with Trump in office than there was to gain for this country.

History has shown that when people get the leadership wrong it can lead a country down a dark path. Trump was leading us down a dark path. Thank goodness he won't get 4 more years to ruin this country even more.

Extremism in any form can be dangerous.
    I tend to think of the current president as more of a symptom than a cause.

I think income inequality which has accelerated over the last 20 years is more of the cause than anything.

We've experienced the Dot Com crash and then the Great Recession and things accelerated and got worse after the great recession. There was lots of money made during the recovery during the last ~12 years but 95% of the the money went to the top 1%. I think that acceleration after the Great Recession points to a lot more people frustrated and struggling since the end of the Bush and beginning of Obama era.

I don't think people made an intentional mistake in picking Trump. Every other politician was ignoring the majority who were struggling so what other option did people have?

We've been in this crazy mess where it's clear post Clinton that no candidate truly represents the majority any longer. This pandemic made things worse much faster for a lot more people and when people don't have enough to get by and don't have options, they're going to act in ways that appear irrational, but if we were in some of these people's shoes, we'd probably react the same way.

I'm not 100% sure who is to blame. I can see the case for Regan, Clinton, Greenspan, China, Obama, and even now Trump because none of them really did as much as they could to help the average person. I think Clinton and Trump's de-regulation of the banks and environment are the 2 issues that will have the biggest impact on all of us. I suspect at some point our next leaders won't figure out the right balance of regulation of AI and Tech and this one will likely be at the feet of Biden now.

And I don't even know if anyone had bad intentions. People are coin operated and want to keep things moving forward in ways that align with their interests and their voter's/supporters interests. As long as money and people aren't on the same side, it the data driven/AI world we're now in, things can only get worse. And we'll keep asking again and again, how the F did we get here?

It seems so clear that we have to course correct, but at each election, we get worse choices every time. I don't know how you change that and get smarter people engaged in gov't that have any incentive to align with people over money.

Whatever it is, it doesn't make any sense for us to get angry with one another for our bad decisions because we have no real choice in any of this. We have whoever the money wants to force upon us. Blaming one another is like blaming the victim. And I'm not even sure our politicians aren't some of the victims themselves.

It's amazing we've been a world leader as long as we have. On some level, it seems like it's impossible to continue and it's only a matter of time until new countries and world leaders emerge. We have too much baggage to keep up with innovation that can happen in smaller countries unencumbered by that baggage. They can pivot faster to take advantage of innovation.

Trying to make sense of any of this is about as impossible as trying to figure out which person is most responsible for the success of the Steelers. There just no way of knowing what's right and we are stuck just hoping for the best.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I tend to think of the current president as more of a symptom than a cause.

I think income inequality which has accelerated over the last 20 years is more of the cause than anything.

We've experienced the Dot Com crash and then the Great Recession and things accelerated and got worse after the great recession. There was lots of money made during the recovery during the last ~12 years but 95% of the the money went to the top 1%. I think that acceleration after the Great Recession points to a lot more people frustrated and struggling since the end of the Bush and beginning of Obama era.

I don't think people made an intentional mistake in picking Trump. Every other politician was ignoring the majority who were struggling so what other option did people have?

We've been in this crazy mess where it's clear post Clinton that no candidate truly represents the majority any longer. This pandemic made things worse much faster for a lot more people and when people don't have enough to get by and don't have options, they're going to act in ways that appear irrational, but if we were in some of these people's shoes, we'd probably react the same way.

I'm not 100% sure who is to blame. I can see the case for Regan, Clinton, Greenspan, China, Obama, and even now Trump because none of them really did as much as they could to help the average person. I think Clinton and Trump's de-regulation of the banks and environment are the 2 issues that will have the biggest impact on all of us. I suspect at some point our next leaders won't figure out the right balance of regulation of AI and Tech and this one will likely be at the feet of Biden now.

And I don't even know if anyone had bad intentions. People are coin operated and want to keep things moving forward in ways that align with their interests and their voter's/supporters interests. As long as money and people aren't on the same side, it the data driven/AI world we're now in, things can only get worse. And we'll keep asking again and again, how the F did we get here?

It seems so clear that we have to course correct, but at each election, we get worse choices every time. I don't know how you change that and get smarter people engaged in gov't that have any incentive to align with people over money.

Whatever it is, it doesn't make any sense for us to get angry with one another for our bad decisions because we have no real choice in any of this. We have whoever the money wants to force upon us. Blaming one another is like blaming the victim. And I'm not even sure our politicians aren't some of the victims themselves.

It's amazing we've been a world leader as long as we have. On some level, it seems like it's impossible to continue and it's only a matter of time until new countries and world leaders emerge. We have too much baggage to keep up with innovation that can happen in smaller countries unencumbered by that baggage. They can pivot faster to take advantage of innovation.

Trying to make sense of any of this is about as impossible as trying to figure out which person is most responsible for the success of the Steelers. There just no way of knowing what's right and we are stuck just hoping for the best.
    I recognize that income inequality is an issue. No one knows how to address that issue. The wealthiest people are wealthy because people dump money into their companies various ways. I believe I mentioned something about greed being the driving force for many of the issues.

Income inequality wasn't responsible for the people that voted Trump in office. Income inequality didn't cause people to lose their sense of morality. Income inequality didn't cause people to have a blind spot for Trump's serious flaws.

Trump attempted a coup on the basis of the lie of a stolen election. The coup attempt needs to be investigated and all involved need to be punished. This can't happen again if America wants to remain a becon of light for the world. It's embarrassing to be an American right now.

Our government isn't close to perfect. They are also not the extreme devils that people claim. However, Trump proved AGAIN to be an extreme devil.
    Some people ignored the signs for whatever reasons they saw fit.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 01-08-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

https://twitter.com/lesdoggg/status/...287927296?s=10
    Family member sent me this. Hopefully people will come back to reality.