Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: National Old Guy Voting Day

Legend

User Info Menu

National Old Guy Voting Day

Choices. Choices.

Which is more capable? The guy that will be 78 at the end of the term or the guy who will be 82?

It’s a really tough choice to make.

Both major party candidates were born almost a century ago in the 1940s. Maybe one day when people live forever, we’ll look back at this moment as 1 where our 2 parties nominated very youthful and vibrant candidates.

Out of 300m+ people, these are the best 2 options we could find. And the craziest part is so many more people than normal seem to be motivated to vote for one of these two.

They are 2 really good candidates and it appears this will be proven by the record enthusiasm for people to turn out to vote.

Im yet to make a choice, but I’m leaning toward writing in the Macho Man Randy Savage or Mike Tomlin.

Who you got?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LOL Flippy! Between the 2, easy choice for me but you're right, "Out of 300m+ people, these are the best 2 options we could find?"

Pitiful.

I'd vote for Mike Tomlin in a heartbeat. Someone should tell him to run at some point. He speaks confidently and eloquently. Has energy and enthusiasm. I'm sure he'd study American government and international policy as much or more than anyone and would be very prepared.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Choices. Choices.

Which is more capable? The guy that will be 78 at the end of the term or the guy who will be 82?

It’s a really tough choice to make.

Both major party candidates were born almost a century ago in the 1940s. Maybe one day when people live forever, we’ll look back at this moment as 1 where our 2 parties nominated very youthful and vibrant candidates.

Out of 300m+ people, these are the best 2 options we could find. And the craziest part is so many more people than normal seem to be motivated to vote for one of these two.

They are 2 really good candidates and it appears this will be proven by the record enthusiasm for people to turn out to vote.

Im yet to make a choice, but I’m leaning toward writing in the Macho Man Randy Savage or Mike Tomlin.

Who you got?
    Still illegal for me.

Next time I'll have to figure out who the lesser evil is (I'll be eligible for citizenship next year and will almost certainly apply for it).

But this time, I still give myself permission to bitch and complain about it either way because I have no responsibility for the outcome.

Good luck to those that have to make a choice today (even if that choice is not voting, I guess).

I don't envy you.

Especially since many here probably live in PA which sound like it's kind of a big deal.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 11-03-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

FLippy - that's my LINE - out of the 300 plus Million people in the Greatest Nation on Earth . . this is the best we could find??

And looking at the line behind them is equally as scary.

I say Coach T wins the next 2 SuperBowls - Ben Retires . . . Coach T announces his Run as the Libertarian Candidate for 2024!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I gave the current guy a chance. He's failed on so many levels. We certainly can't have a great nation with the current guy running the show. We need a change.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think you could have said the same line about "these are the 2 best options we have" back in 2016 as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I voted a week ago. For me, I definitely voted against who I dont like over who I do.

Im hoping for better candidates in 2024.
    Last edited by SteelBucks; 11-03-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Still illegal for me.

Next time I'll have to figure out who the lesser evil is (I'll be eligible for citizenship next year and will almost certainly apply for it).

But this time, I still give myself permission to bitch and complain about it either way because I have no responsibility for the outcome.

Good luck to those that have to make a choice today (even if that choice is not voting, I guess).

I don't envy you.

Especially since many here probably live in PA which sound like it's kind of a big deal.
    Why? If a certain guy wins Canadian taxes may be less than US

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It is kind of nutty to think that both Biden and Trump are older than Bill Clinton who became President 28 years ago and has been out of office for over 20 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    It is kind of nutty to think that both Biden and Trump are older than Bill Clinton who became President 28 years ago and has been out of office for over 20 years.
    I heard the dems were hoping they could convince Jimmy Carter to run against Trump since he was only a 1 term president and they thought his perspective on Covid might be up there given he was born just after the Spanish Flu.