Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Can't we all just enjoy the success?

Legend

User Info Menu

"Can't we all just enjoy the success?

Absolutely.

The expectation that nobody will mock Tomlin bashers for their unrelenting attack? Not gonna happen.

I have no doubt most Tomlin bashers are happy at our success.

NEVERTHELESS.....

The expectation that nobody will call out Tomlin bashing when we have success is ridiculous.

WHEN WE LOSE these forums are flooded with, "I said he was a bum" posts. "Overpaid janitor" etc.

People are taking notes.

Reality?

"Bustamalu" people got razed. More recent? Dupree haters got theirs.

THE THREAD ON BELL IS NEARLY 200 PAGES LONG BECAUSE GUYS LIKE ME ARE DOING TOLD YA SO FOR MONTHS. It has been TWO YEARS since he played for us.

Now the most bashed guy on this forum Mike Tomlin?
    No credit for SBs because he coached Cowhers declining players to greatness? Gets to a championship game and lost to a dynasty in their building with "his players" yet the old narrative persists?

When the most bashed Steeler in the history of this forum has success, you better believe ya'll gonna hear it!!!

If we win it all with Tomlin???

I promise you.....You haven't heard nothing yet.

Again do I doubt most Tomlin bashers would rejoice in the win? No doubt. Be happy with Tomlin? Sure. Do I think it was EVER personal for most? No.

But if you expect that after YEARS of hearing about what an idiot our coach is, those who support him aren't gonna give the haters grief over it....

Sorry guys that is a silly expectation.

That is why I am careful about bashing the team.

I don't ever want to be proven an idiot by my own teams success. If this team tanks you know the haters will be out in droves.

If we win Take your mocking like a man and just say "I guess I was wrong,"...just like many have said about Dupree.

If we win it all....I promise you crow will be served my friends.

Be happy, enjoy it, relish its flavor, because it means our team has gotten SEVEN

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

I don't ever want to be proven an idiot by my own teams success.

Don't worry...there are more than enough idiots who overrate their intelligence and knowledge and look for something to complain about for a team they claim to be a fan of. I've never considered you one of them

Legend

User Info Menu

Absolutely.

The expectation that nobody will mock Tomlin bashers for their unrelenting attack? Not gonna happen.

NEVERTHELESS.....

The expectation that nobody will call out Tomlin bashing when we have success is ridiculous.

WHEN WE LOSE these forums are flooded with, "I said he was a bum" posts. "Overpaid janitor" etc.

People are taking notes.

Reality?

THE THREAD ON BELL IS NEARLY 200 PAGES LONG BECAUSE GUYS LIKE ME ARE DOING TOLD YA SO FOR MONTHS. It has been TWO YEARS since he played for us.

No credit for SBs because he coached Cowhers declining players to greatness? Gets to a championship game and lost to a dynasty in their building with "his players" yet the old narrative persists?

When the most bashed Steeler in the history of this forum has success, you better believe ya'll gonna hear it!!!

Again do I doubt most Tomlin bashers would rejoice in the win? No doubt. Be happy with Tomlin? Sure. Do I think it was EVER personal for most? No.

But if you expect that after YEARS of hearing about what an idiot our coach is, those who support him aren't gonna give the haters grief over it....

I don't ever want to be proven an idiot by my own teams success. If this team tanks you know the haters will be out in droves.

If we win Take your mocking like a man and just say "I guess I was wrong,"...just like many have said about Dupree.

Be happy, enjoy it, relish its flavor, because it means our team has gotten SEVEN
    Hey, I can multi-task.

I am enjoying the undefeated start of my favorite football team AND rolling my eyes at the stupidity of some of the threads on this board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Hey, I can multi-task.

I am enjoying the undefeated start of my favorite football team AND rolling my eyes at the stupidity of some of the threads on this board.
    You are right. Those threads calling for Tomlins head look SO STUPID now.
    I rolled my eyes back when they were written.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-29-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Absolutely.

NEVERTHELESS.....

People are taking notes.

Reality?

More trash gumming up the board as the Ravens' game approaches pitting the 6-0 Steelers v 5-1 Ravens, and crap like this dominates the board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Those threads calling for Tomlins head look SO STUPID now.
    so does Steel Maniac's sig calling for Tomlin to be fired when we're now 6-0, but then it has always looked STUPID.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't worry...there are more than enough idiots who overrate their intelligence and knowledge and look for something to complain about for a team they claim to be a fan of. I've never considered you one of them
    Every village has an idiot, but it seems like a good number of them seem to congregate here.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Hey, I can multi-task.

+1

In think the heart of the issue is the correlation between loneliness and negativity on social media. Generally speaking, people who are the most negative tend to be the most lonely and isolated in society according to some studies.

In today’s world, we are all more isolated and lonely, bored, whatever you want to call it. So what I see happening here and in other places is generally positive people looking for ways to call out others seeking that same attention driven by the same loneliness and isolation.

It’s unfortunate we’re in a place like this and I really don’t blame either side and think it’s an artifact of the world we now live in.

To be clear, I’m not speaking of the gut reaction to sports or gut reaction to a disagreement. The issue is more of the obsession. For example, it’s 100% rational in the moment to curse Tomlin or Ben or whomever for a boneheaded play or string of games or poor performances that let down your expectations. Holding onto things is a weird obsession that ties back to loneliness and isolation and lack of purpose or meaning. Becoming obsessed with the obsessed is even worse. It’s like picking on the kid with special needs in school. It’s becoming the bully which has even more issues of pain and isolation and not fitting in. It represents a deficit. And that’s unfortunate.

Im not sure we’d be here in normal times. But it also kinda surprises me because in these weird times, the Steelers are a great escape from reality. And isn’t the whole point we should be fanatic in some way about our team both positive and negative.

Getting caught up in other fans feels like everyone is caught up in the misery of our times and the politics of our day.

IMHO, this is something either a SuperBowl or a terrible season that goes down in flames can easily cure. This whole sentiment reinforces why SuperBowl or Bust is more critical now that ever.

Legend

User Info Menu

We have an excellent start ; we can get a firm grasp of our division with a win this week. That’s all real Steeler fans are focused on now.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches