Thread: Considering Lamar has never faced Ben.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Considering Lamar has never faced Ben.....

.....and Lamar has not had good games against us....

Might we be undefeated against Lamar?

The fact that Lamar has never lost to us really is a false narrative.

We do match up well against the Baltimore offense.

I do not like facing that secondary.

I say bet the under this week.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I fear LJ is due to go off. Just when everyone is dumping dirt on him, he's due to break out. I think Balt. has been trying a little too hard to make him a pocket passer, but now this is a big game and they will do whatever it takes to win, including more designed running plays with LJ.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I fear LJ is due to go off. Just when everyone is dumping dirt on him, he's due to break out. I think Balt. has been trying a little too hard to make him a pocket passer, but now this is a big game and they will do whatever it takes to win, including more designed running plays with LJ.
    I hope they do run him; expose him. Sooner or later, all running QB's get caught and hurt. This will be a hard hitting game with two teams that hate each other. Keep espousing your QB; it will catch up to you sooner rather then later. Always does and always has.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rats have the #3 rushing offense. They also have the #32 passing offense. Doesn't take the hoodie to figure out the Steelers will stack up to stop the run, contain LJ and dare him to beat us with his arm.

The Rats also have the #1 defense overall and it's pretty balanced between run/pass. But Ben has seen them for a long time now and should have a great handle on their scheme. Combine that with our plethora of weapons and I believe our Offense gets the edge over their defense. Will be tough sledding in the run game to be sure. As I said elsewhere, I think we'll use DJ and CC to stretch the field and open up the middle. Success there will help the run game.

This is the type of game you need a HOF QB for. Thankfully (if good ben shows up) - we have one!
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Rats have the #3 rushing offense. They also have the #32 passing offense. Doesn't take the hoodie to figure out the Steelers will stack up to stop the run, contain LJ and dare him to beat us with his arm.

The Rats also have the #1 defense overall and it's pretty balanced between run/pass. But Ben has seen them for a long time now and should have a great handle on their scheme. Combine that with our plethora of weapons and I believe our Offense gets the edge over their defense. Will be tough sledding in the run game to be sure. As I said elsewhere, I think we'll use DJ and CC to stretch the field and open up the middle. Success there will help the run game.

This is the type of game you need a HOF QB for. Thankfully (if good ben shows up) - we have one!
    #32 passing offense! What a shock.

Please let him run and please let Splane catch him. Nuff said.

I'm not so impressed by their defensive ranking; who have they played? Exactly. I think Ben will be effective if he just locates the open guy and doesn't force anything. The big splash plays may not
    be as plentiful but just moving down the field and getting into the redzone where our numerous redzone targets can be taken advantage of. Ben just needs to take what the defense gives him.

24-20 Steelers (provided we win the turnover battle)
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Facing LJ is where the loss of Bush could really hurt us.

I'm hoping we'll be able to find a way to compensate. Also that our offense will come up with a couple of early drives that will get the Rats on their heels.

I might be overly optimistic, but I'm still saying Steelers win, 23-16.