Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackson or Carr?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jackson or Carr?

I apologize, I know this belongs in the FF board but no one has commented there since 2012.

Who would you start? Carr v Cleveland or Jackson v Steelers? Of course, there is always the "can't root for player X when playing us" thing. Who would you start?

Legend

User Info Menu

Carr, no question.

Cleveland's defense is suspect whereas ours is really good.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I apologize, I know this belongs in the FF board but no one has commented there since 2012.

Who would you start? Carr v Cleveland or Jackson v Steelers? Of course, there is always the "can't root for player X when playing us" thing. Who would you start?
    In his last outing against Pittsburgh - Jackson had 1 TD, 3 Int's and 5 Sacks....and we took him to OT with Mason at QB.

David Carr should be considered the more solid option here - And when you consider who the Raiders have played (Several Top / Solid Defenses) -- Cleveland should be an opportunity for the Raiders offense to open up.

There is a chance that Jacobs takes all of the TD's -- but I like the odds that the Raiders will score more overall points.

If Jackson were a slam dunk - I would say so, but in this case Carr is the smart play all the way around -- and also, you'll just feel better with Carr anyway.

L.B.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would never pick a QB playing our D over a QB playing Cleveland in FF.

That being said.. depending on the way the game plays out you never know.

Sometimes a QB can lose a game and still have big numbers.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Keeping the Steelers / FF stuff all in the same place, here's my question.

I have Ben (@Rats) and Brees (@Chi) on my roster.

Both have been fairly consistent, if not spectacular. And both had tough match ups this weekend. I'm pretty much at a coin flip. I think Brees probably has the harder matchup on paper (especially if Thomas...also on my roster...remains out), but I don't think we're going to put up a ton of points against the Ravens either.

Aside: I'm so pissed at the whole Thomas situation. He's got 3 receptions for 17 yards on the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Keeping the Steelers / FF stuff all in the same place, here's my question.

I have Ben (@Rats) and Brees (@Chi) on my roster.

Both have been fairly consistent, if not spectacular. And both had tough match ups this weekend. I'm pretty much at a coin flip. I think Brees probably has the harder matchup on paper (especially if Thomas...also on my roster...remains out), but I don't think we're going to put up a ton of points against the Ravens either.

Aside: I'm so pissed at the whole Thomas situation. He's got 3 receptions for 17 yards on the season.
    Two tough matchups. My advice is to go pick up this Patrick Mahomes guy on the waiver wire because his team is going against the Jets. Then cut that guy after this week.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Carr........

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Two tough matchups. My advice is to go pick up this Patrick Mahomes guy on the waiver wire because his team is going against the Jets. Then cut that guy after this week.
    This is an excellent idea.

Unfortunately, I tried to do this and the waiver system in our league is terrible. This terrible no name "sleeper" QB is stuck on waivers until Tuesday. I hate Roster Churners!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This is an excellent idea.

Unfortunately, I tried to do this and the waiver system in our league is terrible. This terrible no name "sleeper" QB is stuck on waivers until Tuesday. I hate Roster Churners!
    That's why I hate most leagues. You have to join my league. I'm the only one in it and get to make all the rules. I never have one of those sticky waiver wire issues. Of course if you do join my league I will have to quit it and start a new one so maybe you shouldn't.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Carr, no question.

Cleveland's defense is suspect whereas ours is really good.
    That's how I am leaning. Plus, don't want to root for LJ v Pgh (although, I wouldn't even if I started him).