Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sutton to Arizona for Haasan Reddick
    Link? .......

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    My son came running down to me late last night to tell me about it. He also showed me something else.....The Wikipedia page of Stephon Gilmore now showed he was an NFL defensive back for.....wait for it....the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was not up for long before it was switched back. Now, we all know that anyone can edit a wiki page but that was what he was excited about and waiting to hear about now.

That being said, I can't see the team trading Sutton without getting an upgrade at corner in return. There are two obvious reasons for this:

1) No team who is liquidating a stud linebacker is seeking out a slot corner who is a UFA at the end of the year.

2) Maybe the Steelers need to offset salary in order to fit a new acquisition under the cap? Sutton has a salary of $825K this year and about half way through the season, which leaves less than $450K remaining. Not much relief to be had, I'm sure there are other ways to get it done without weakening the DB position of a contender.

If Sutton is being moved out the Steelers will receive a corner in the deal.
    And I did see this morning that Hoody was downplaying moving Gilmore. Gilmore has a big salary. Doubt we'd take that on. But if the Chiefs are considered our closest rival, having Haden, Gilmore and Nelson would be great. That would allow us to match up man on man (sometimes) and just go after Mahomes.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 10-28-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish...............
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Link? .......
    My prediction/wish....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    And I did see this morning that Hoody was downplaying moving Gilmore. Gilmore has a big salary. Doubt we'd take that on. But if the Chiefs are considered our closest rival, having Haden, Gilmore and Nelson would be great. That would allow us to match up man on man (sometimes) and just go after Mahomes.
    No way he fits in our cap without us restructuring half the team

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Gilmore has a cap hit of over $23M this year

Of consequence to anyone acquiring him, his base salary is $13M. We are 7/17 into the season so $7.65M left to pay and account for on a new team's cap. According to over the cap, the Steelers currently have just over $8.6M left on the cap.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Hearing there were some cryptic messages on Cam's social media and that he unfollowed the Steelers. Could be traded today for an ILB
    Wasn't he filling in for Hilton?

Legend

User Info Menu

No way he fits in our cap without us restructuring half the team
    Yeah, wishful thinking for sure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Reddick is finally lighting it up in Arizona. Doubt they would move on from him now.