Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Who wanted McCarthy to replace Tomlin?

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Who wanted McCarthy to replace Tomlin?

    Pretty sure I remember that being a thing for a while. You guys still out there or did you move on?
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Steel Maniac still has his fire Tomlin sig.

    I'm sure he would have taken McCarthy.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steel Maniac still has his fire Tomlin sig.

    I'm sure he would have taken McCarthy.
    I found an entertaining thread with SM and others who wanted Tomlin traded to Washington for draft picks.

    fun read. Incredible how many people wanted Tomlin gone.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I found an entertaining thread with SM and others who wanted Tomlin traded to Washington for draft picks.

    fun read. Incredible how many people wanted Tomlin gone.
    they come out of the woodwork when we lose but have been very quiet lately for some reason.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    McCarthy, now there's an overpaid janitor

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    they come out of the woodwork when we lose but have been very quiet lately for some reason.
    There are obviously issues you guys need to deal with. 6-0, Ravens next and this is what you think is most worthy to discuss.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    There are obviously issues you guys need to deal with. 6-0, Ravens next and this is what you think is most worthy to discuss.
    We aren’t on the team. You guys cracks me up when you think our opinions and topics impact the players on the field.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    There are obviously issues you guys need to deal with. 6-0, Ravens next and this is what you think is most worthy to discuss.
    Boom!!!!!!!!!!
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I don't think the Steelers would hire a retread. It will be interesting to see who they hire as a GM once Colbert retires. Probably someone from in house.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We aren’t on the team. You guys cracks me up when you think our opinions and topics impact the players on the field.
    Straw man argument. Never stated that. I just think there are a lot more interesting things to discuss than rehashing Tomlin at this point.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •