Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baltimore opens -4

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Baltimore opens -4

It should be close. It appears LJ is struggling a bit, compared to last season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...J/JackLa00.htm

I feel like they will stuff Conner. And enough with being cute on who gets targets, feed CC. Not doing so is just stupid. You give CC 12 targets and it will ring up the cash register.

If we get the lead by 14 or so, it's over.

Legend

User Info Menu

actually, the line opened at -6 and has already been bet down to -4:

STEELERS AT RAVENS ODDS

Opening line

Ravens -6, Over/Under 48.5

Why the line moved

UPDATE 1 A.M. ET TUESDAY: This spread quickly got cut almost in half, dropping to Ravens -3.5 on Monday at The SuperBook. "In a rivalry game, the Ravens being favored by 6 seemed like a lot of points to start," SuperBook oddsmaker Cameron Coombs said. "With the Steelers beating the Titans, that number has been creeping down. Iím anticipating solid two-way betting leading up to this game."

---

Pittsburgh is 6-0 SU and a stout 5-1 ATS, as well, while Baltimore (5-1 SU, 3-3 ATS) has only a loss to Kansas City. The Ravens are coming off a bye and playing at home in this 1 p.m. ET Sunday clash.

"We opened the Ravens up at -6 in what really should be the Sunday Night Football game next week," Murray said, noting that the line dipped a notch to Ravens -5.5 late Sunday. "This is a great matchup, and we get it again on Thanksgiving night. Itís also a great handle game. The Ravens will get a ton of support on the point spread and in moneyline parlays, but I also expect there to be a lot of takers on the Steelers. They are undefeated and have a huge following."

On Monday morning, this number was the biggest mover on the board, going all the way down to -4.

https://www.covers.com/nfl/nfl-odds-...-line-movement
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 10-27-2020 at 01:28 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

STEELERS AT RAVENS ODDS

Opening line

Why the line moved

UPDATE 1 A.M. ET TUESDAY: This spread quickly got cut almost in half, dropping to Ravens -3.5 on Monday at The SuperBook. "In a rivalry game, the Ravens being favored by 6 seemed like a lot of points to start," SuperBook oddsmaker Cameron Coombs said. "With the Steelers beating the Titans, that number has been creeping down. Iím anticipating solid two-way betting leading up to this game."

---

Pittsburgh is 6-0 SU and a stout 5-1 ATS, as well, while Baltimore (5-1 SU, 3-3 ATS) has only a loss to Kansas City. The Ravens are coming off a bye and playing at home in this 1 p.m. ET Sunday clash.

"We opened the Ravens up at -6 in what really should be the Sunday Night Football game next week," Murray said, noting that the line dipped a notch to Ravens -5.5 late Sunday. "This is a great matchup, and we get it again on Thanksgiving night. Itís also a great handle game. The Ravens will get a ton of support on the point spread and in moneyline parlays, but I also expect there to be a lot of takers on the Steelers. They are undefeated and have a huge following."

On Monday morning, this number was the biggest mover on the board, going all the way down to -4.

This is interesting considering the usual home team advantage is -3. I like Steelers as dogs, they seem to play with a better edge.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 10-27-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers 23
    Rats 16

Legend

User Info Menu

Just checked; doesn't look like there is much home field advantage this season. I think the lack of fans is playing a big part. I swear I heard Roethlisberger yelling out to Pouncey on one play "Pouncey you got the squeeze" or something to that effect.

Home: 53-51-1
    Away: 51-53-1

Starter

User Info Menu

The Steelers played the Ravens pretty tough in that first meeting last season, a 26-23 loss in overtime, and that’s kind of what I expect again this time around except I see the Steelers winning by 3 points.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    It should be close. It appears LJ is struggling a bit, compared to last season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...J/JackLa00.htm

I feel like they will stuff Conner. And enough with being cute on who gets targets, feed CC. Not doing so is just stupid. You give CC 12 targets and it will ring up the cash register.

If we get the lead by 14 or so, it's over.
    so if CC is doubled and other guys are open or abusing single coverage just force it to Claypool?

That’s just dumb.

It’s not being cute to target the best option on any given play. That’s how you end up forcing it into triple coverage and turning the ball over.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    so if CC is doubled and other guys are open or abusing single coverage just force it to Claypool?

Thatís just dumb.

Itís not being cute to target the best option on any given play. Thatís how you end up forcing it into triple coverage and turning the ball over.
    Was thinking the exact same thing dizz.
    Look at the abuse Roethlisberger got forcing it to JJSS last game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Was thinking the exact same thing dizz.
    Look at the abuse Roethlisberger got forcing it to JJSS last game.
    Exactly; Let's see who (if) they want to double anyone. If they foolishly only single cover Claypool, he'll abuse whoever is on him. And DJ will beat his man as well. This could be an Ebron game. Especially in the redzone.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

STEELERS AT RAVENS ODDS

Opening line

Why the line moved

UPDATE 1 A.M. ET TUESDAY: This spread quickly got cut almost in half, dropping to Ravens -3.5 on Monday at The SuperBook. "In a rivalry game, the Ravens being favored by 6 seemed like a lot of points to start," SuperBook oddsmaker Cameron Coombs said. "With the Steelers beating the Titans, that number has been creeping down. I’m anticipating solid two-way betting leading up to this game."

---

"We opened the Ravens up at -6 in what really should be the Sunday Night Football game next week," Murray said, noting that the line dipped a notch to Ravens -5.5 late Sunday. "This is a great matchup, and we get it again on Thanksgiving night. It’s also a great handle game. The Ravens will get a ton of support on the point spread and in moneyline parlays, but I also expect there to be a lot of takers on the Steelers. They are undefeated and have a huge following."

A big reason the line moved is there are a myriad of Steeler fans.

The other reason is Pgh is 6-0, having just beat an undefeated TN team. 6 points was too high. Balt. has only one loss, losing to the SB champs. The rest of their opponents were real dog crap: Bengals, Browns (who we creamed), Football Team, Iggles, Texans...