Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baltimore opens -4

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I think the game plan here is fairly predictable for the Steelers. Stop the run, gap discipline to keep LJ in the pocket, gum up the middle and force him to throw to the sidelines. On offense I think they will use the pass to loosen up the run with the threat of CC and DJ deep softening up the middle for JuJu and the Tight ends. I think Ebron will have a big game.

or it could be something completely different.

But if good ben shows up, Steelers win 24-21. If the trend this year continues, we'll be up 21-7 at the start of the 4th quarter with a last second FG to get the win.

If bad ben shows up - all the talking heads will call the Steelers frauds and they will drop to #9 on the power rankings.
    If Ben throws brain fart picks, we are done, period. Target CC the most. We won't win by rushing Conner.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we win, Ben will be the difference.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens' Mark Ingram: Sitting out another practice
    Rotowire 16 HRS AGO
    Ingram (ankle) isn't participating in Thursday's practice, Jeff Zrebiec of The Athletic reports.

Ingram's back-to-back absences from practice coming off a Week 7 bye isn't the most encouraging sign for his potential availability heading into Sunday's game against the Steelers. The Ravens will see if Ingram can get back on the practice field Friday, but if not, he'll likely be sidelined for the first time this season. The tandem of Gus Edwards and J.K. Dobbins would likely handle the bulk of the touches out of the backfield sans Ingram

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Ravens' Mark Ingram: Sitting out another practice
    Rotowire 16 HRS AGO
    Ingram (ankle) isn't participating in Thursday's practice, Jeff Zrebiec of The Athletic reports.

Ingram's back-to-back absences from practice coming off a Week 7 bye isn't the most encouraging sign for his potential availability heading into Sunday's game against the Steelers. The Ravens will see if Ingram can get back on the practice field Friday, but if not, he'll likely be sidelined for the first time this season. The tandem of Gus Edwards and J.K. Dobbins would likely handle the bulk of the touches out of the backfield sans Ingram
    This actually isn't good news: If Dobbins gets a bunch of carries he will likely breakout for his 1st big NFL game. He has the speed to rip off huge runs that Ingram simply can't make. This could be the difference in the game. It concerns me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shawn has been saying that Dobbins really isn’t as special a runner as most think. I haven’t seen enough of him to say either way but sending a rookie out there against our front 7 makes me think we’ve got a chance to get a fumble or two from him.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Shawn has been saying that Dobbins really isn’t as special a runner as most think. I haven’t seen enough of him to say either way but sending a rookie out there against our front 7 makes me think we’ve got a chance to get a fumble or two from him.
    Yes, I remember Shawn saying that. But as Big Tuna and Jimmy Johnson say, "production is the ultimate indicator." Well, all I know is Dobbins produced 2,003 rushing yards his last year at OSU at an incredible 6.7 ypc. How many college RBs, in a major conference, rip off over 2,000 yards in a single season?

Then the 200+ LB back jacked a 4.45 forty time....

Yes, I know OSU is typically superior at every position most matchups (including OLs that dominate). But it's not like they don't face some quality teams like MSU, UM, PSU, Washington, etc. Reaching 2,000 yards in only 13 games ain't no joke. I could see him breaking a tackle and then going 60 yards. Sanders did that for Philly on us and I doubt he's as talented as DK.

Any how, here's to hoping Shawn is right. But I'm a little worried, I've been so since the minute Balt. drafted him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ingram is doubtful.

Mark Ingram (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1623793/mark-ingram) RB Fri, Oct 30 Ankle Did Not Practice on Friday. Doubtful for Week 8 vs. Pittsburgh

Legend

User Info Menu

Dobbins is averaging 4 touches a game. It's Jackson, Ingram, and Edwards carrying most of the load. Ingram and Edwards are around 4.5 yds/att, Jackson >6 yds/att.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gus Edwards is going to take the lead role.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Gus Edwards is going to take the lead role.
    He doesn't scare me; he is a plodder - hard to bring down - but he won't rip off an 80-yard run. Dobbins can.