Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baltimore opens -4

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i wish it stayed at 6. that would get a 2nd look from some steelers players.

being 6-0 and a 6point dog. that would piss them off

Legend

User Info Menu

The Ravens have one more season before LJ's contract will come up and it's clear they will be paying a lot more than Roethlisberger is making. They have two LBs that have been franchised tagged this season and their LT is a free agent I believe next year. All that adds up to $$$ they will have to spread around and still be competitive. Yes, I know the Steelers have their own cap hell to deal with but they have been navigating it successfully for over a decade with Roethlisberger's contract.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the game plan here is fairly predictable for the Steelers. Stop the run, gap discipline to keep LJ in the pocket, gum up the middle and force him to throw to the sidelines. On offense I think they will use the pass to loosen up the run with the threat of CC and DJ deep softening up the middle for JuJu and the Tight ends. I think Ebron will have a big game.

or it could be something completely different.

But if good ben shows up, Steelers win 24-21. If the trend this year continues, we'll be up 21-7 at the start of the 4th quarter with a last second FG to get the win.

If bad ben shows up - all the talking heads will call the Steelers frauds and they will drop to #9 on the power rankings.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Take what Rat birds give you but, don't keep trying to run Conner if he is getting stuffed which, I think will happen or I'm going to loose my mind.....

Legend

User Info Menu

While some say the Titans got lucky bounces last week the reality is that it could have been a whole lot worse with the Steelers turnovers. There were at least 2 more INTs just inches from happening.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Ravens have one more season before LJ's contract will come up and it's clear they will be paying a lot more than Roethlisberger is making. They have two LBs that have been franchised tagged this season and their LT is a free agent I believe next year. All that adds up to $$$ they will have to spread around and still be competitive. Yes, I know the Steelers have their own cap hell to deal with but they have been navigating it successfully for over a decade with Roethlisberger's contract.
    This year is far more extreme with Pgh UFAs.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...urgh-steelers/

That looks nothing like our UFA situation the last decade. First off, not 1, or 2 but THREE OTs set to be free. Big Al (LT starter), Fieler and Banner all UFA. Ouch.

Starting OLB Bud. Not gonna be easy to fill his shoes.
    TE McDonald. No biggie, we got Ebron.
    Starting DL Alualu.
    The do-it-all CB Hilton, and his would be replacement Sutton as well.
    Starting RB Conner.
    Starting WR JuJu.

Of all the dudes on that list, we probably get 2 back, the rest will be gone. Wrap your mind around that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

That looks nothing like our UFA situation the last decade. First off, not 1, or 2 but THREE OTs set to be free. Big Al (LT starter), Fieler and Banner all UFA. Ouch.

Starting DL Alualu.
    Starting RB Conner.
    Starting WR JuJu.

Of all the dudes on that list, we probably get 2 back, the rest will be gone. Wrap your mind around that.
    Is McDonald still on the team?

Legend

User Info Menu

Funny, I was just watching (listening in the background actually) NFLN and they were talking about Ben discussing the series. Ben said something along the lines of "the series has always been tough but never dirty" and one of the guys talking said something like "Really...hello...Vontez Burfict?"

Nobody corrected him and then a bit after he realized and corrected himself but thought that was funny.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Is McDonald still on the team?
    8 rec, 59 yds. Played in every game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

Starting DL Alualu.
    Starting RB Conner.
    Starting WR JuJu.

Disagree with this take.

Banner; should come cheaper coming off a major injury... if not Chuks has filled in nicely.
    Al; he's gonna retire anyway so I don't see him seeking riches and may accept a friendly one or two year deal
    Dupree; .. yea, buh-bye
    McDonald; he may re-up on the cheap if he is happy just doing blocking duty (as reports suggest)
    Alualu; a vet on the down side of his career, should come reasonable
    Hilton; the Steelers need to decide on Haden's future which could free some cap space to get Hilton and/or Sutton signed; one site pimping Jaycee Horn to the Steelers in the next draft.
    Conner; if you use EPA as a metric, Conner is well down the list of RBs, so again I see a team friendly deal
    JJSS; he is definitely on a bubble

so I don't think it's as dire as you might think. Other teams will also being dealing with cap issues and probably have a lot more holes to fill than the Steelers.